***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I don't like the build quality, I've never dropped it but when I shake it, it sounds like something is loose in the earpiece - the back cover has horrible bits where it was broken from the mould. With each update comes a new set of bugs, now I am totally unable to copy and paste without the phone crashing whatever application I was trying to cut/copy from. I did a factory reset which cleared the issue for a bit but it has come back again.

I prefer stock Android, I don't use the features that touchwizz adds. Another annoyance (but this is not the phone's fault), spotify can't use the SD card so I have a 32GB card doing nothing.

Another reason is I get bored easily and I want to try a Nexus 4 :D

I had the copy & paste issue, the fix is pretty simple and quick to do if you have rooted your phone.

See here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1842468

With the latest Wanam 4.3 ROM the S3 keeps getting better and better. This phone is awesome. I really don't feel.the need on reacting on my gadget buyers obsession and ordering the Nexus 4.

I thought 4.2 was good but Wanam's outdone himself with this release.

Really need to flash to the newest Wanamlite, im on 4.2 at the moment and its such a nice, lovely smooth ROM. My s3 flies now whereas before it was a tad laggy at times.

Really need to flash to the newest Wanamlite, im on 4.2 at the moment and its such a nice, lovely smooth ROM. My s3 flies now whereas before it was a tad laggy at times.

Flash to 4.3 ASAP Mate its even smoother and quicker than 4.2! You won't be disappointed. 4.2 is an awesome ROM but 4.3 takes it to the next level.

Flash to 4.3 ASAP Mate its even smoother and quicker than 4.2! You won't be disappointed. 4.2 is an awesome ROM but 4.3 takes it to the next level.

Just downloaded it so will do so later on today.

So when i flash to the 4.3 version, i just flash over the 4.2 version right??. I suppose ill have to re-flash the stock toggles, JB domination and the siyah kernal i have on the device??

Last edited:
Just downloaded it so will do so later on today.

So when i flash to the 4.3 version, i just flash over the 4.2 version right??. I suppose ill have to re-flash the stock toggles, JB domination and the siyah kernal i have on the device??

That's correct, flash Wanamlite then your JB Domination and 15 toggles or whatever, you won't lose your data (although still backup of course :) ).

I also delete cache and dalvik cache just for good measure but I don't think it's required in the latest roms. I'm still a n00b to this myself but that's what I've done and it's working 100%.

That's correct, flash Wanamlite then your JB Domination and 15 toggles or whatever, you won't lose your data (although still backup of course :) ).

I also delete cache and dalvik cache just for good measure but I don't think it's required in the latest roms. I'm still a n00b to this myself but that's what I've done and it's working 100%.

Cheers, im also new to this flashing rom business too.

+1 I always clear cache and Dalvik too however as it's not required. When flashing 4.3 there's an option in Aroma to install 15 toggles so you don't have to flash it again however you will have to flash JB Domination and JB 15 toggles.

At iMacMart You shouldn't loose your email data when you flash 4.3 over 4.2, as for the widgets I use Nova Launcher and always backup prior to installing a new ROM so I am able to restore my home screens to what they were previously.

two things that are starting to bug me and i hope someonecan tell me there is a fix / work round for.

when you highlist text there is no copy option when you highlight ( the soft key options yes, but i want copy and paste )
and the other is on ios, when you use safari and go onto a website you are always able to click on telephone numbers and your able to dial right away via the phone / dialer. I cant seem to be able to do this on the s3 im having to copy and paste the number, which brings me back the the first pet hate

Back
Top Bottom