***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

There's a few things for me that make sotmax better than wanam:

It feels much more snappy and responsive to the touch

Loading time for apps such as phone and contacs is MASSIVELY reduced!

I have no launcher redraws, whereas on wanam I was getting redraws after exiting large apps like real racing or theme park

Multitasking ability is much much better. eg. if I'm browsing the Play Store, then I 'home' out and load up tapatalk, then I 'home' out and launch a game (again, using real racing 2 as the example because it's massive lol), when I exit that and go back to the play store (after having two apps opened since last use) it'll still be on the same page I was on before, whereas on wanam, it would have to load again from the start page and sometimes even tapatalk would have to start itself over again.

I can't recommend it enough to be honest! To all you wanam users, do yourself a nandroid backup and backup your apps with titty backup - flash sotmax - restore all your apps with TB and away you go - trust me, you'll never look back!!

Has anyone installed the Note 2 mods on to the s3 ? like multi view ?

How does it perform ?

I've flashed them a few weeks back now. The multiview performs really well, there's been a couple of occasions where it's been genuinely useful to use, but I can't say that it's something game changing, yet. Having two apps open doesn't seen to slow the phone down at all to be honest, it just powers on. :cool:

Am thinking of trying out the Sotmax ROM do you flash Yanks kernel in recovery after you have flashed the ROM?

I'm coming from Wanam's 4.4 ROM if I wanted to go back to it if I didnt like Sotmax will the Kernel change when I flash Wanam's ROM again?

I've just flashed back to wanam
The kernel that you had running with wanam will install, not the sotmax one

And yes flash the kernel in recovery, but sotmax really isn't all that, I found it no where near as smooth as wanam with stock and yanks kernel

Last edited:
I've just flashed back to wanam
The kernel that you had running with wanam will install, not the sotmax one

And yes flash the kernel in recovery, but sotmax really isn't all that, I found it no where near as smooth as wanam with stock and yanks kernel

Thanks GJ02, I'll give sotmax a go and if I don't like it then it's back to Wanam! :)

I flashed Sotmax and was suprised at all the 'stuff' that i dont use as appose to Wannam. My E-mail also stopped working. Going back to Wannam me thinks. Cant say i didn't try.

Me too and I found Sotmax less smoother than Wanam.

I'm going back to Wanam 4.3 though because after a couple days I found that Wanam 4.4 started to slow down.

Strange - did you both wipe dalvik and cache after flashing sotmax?

I genuinely find it much much smoother than wanam

Ah well, different strokes for different folks I guess

As stevie said, can't say you didn't try :)

I performed a full wipe before installing!

I've literally spent the whole day installing / uninstalling different ROMS and in the process totally killed my battery.

For some reason I found my phone frozen with the touch buttons at the bottom illuminated and I had to do a battery pull and that was on Wanam 4.3

So I installed Wanam 4.4 again.

Today I've gone from Wanam 4.3 > Sotmax > Wanam 4.2 > Wanam 4.3 > Wanam 4.4! :eek:

I'm all ROM'd out...!

Just as well it was my day off...I'm exhausted :o

Had my S3 brick itself last week. It's on stock firmware Jelly Bean, been going fine for just under 6 months and then decided to freeze up a couple of times on the lock screen which was cured by pressing and holding the power button. Third time it appears to have frozen with screen off and no long press or battery removal will bring it back to life. No LED when charging either.

Should be sending it off for a warranty repair soon, just waiting for the jiffy bag they are sending me to arrive.

Absolute torture having to go back to my Galaxy S, it's so slow!

Had my S3 brick itself last week. It's on stock firmware Jelly Bean, been going fine for just under 6 months and then decided to freeze up a couple of times on the lock screen which was cured by pressing and holding the power button. Third time it appears to have frozen with screen off and no long press or battery removal will bring it back to life. No LED when charging either.

Should be sending it off for a warranty repair soon, just waiting for the jiffy bag they are sending me to arrive.

Absolute torture having to go back to my Galaxy S, it's so slow!

Another one thats died, really does make you wonder if theres a bigger issue than samsung are willing to admit with certain handsets.

My S3 has just died on me!

I was using it not 50 minutes ago and now it won’t switch on, no response. Tried a hard reset using Power, Home Button and Volume Down and still nothing.

Warranty is non-existent as I’ve rooted the device.

Is there anything else I can do to try and get it running again???

Back
Top Bottom