***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Flipping heck, another one!? :eek:

Who's next? Maybe mrk, as he has had his since it came out :p

really does make you wonder if theres a bigger issue than samsung are willing to admit with certain handsets.

There most definitely is! A lot of people on XDA are saying it is something to do with the motherboard.

They will never publicly announce anything about these "random deaths" though.

Last edited:
Damn that's another one...this isn't looking good and there's more being report over at the "sudden death thread" over at XDA.

Samsung really need to get a grip on this and come out and make a statement.

I'm checking mine at regular intervals and it's getting fairly nervy...none of us need this :confused:

In order for Samsung to make a statement about it, this issue needs to be posted on all the main news site like android central, gsmarena etc. only then will Samsung make an announcement about it, like what happened with the HTC one X and S etc.

On samsung roms, has anyone figured out how to replace the gallery app completely?

Disabling/Freezing Gallery doesn't let me choose an alternative picture viewer when clicking on the thumbnail in Camera.

Just want to use Quickpic for everything.

My S3 has just died on me!

I was using it not 50 minutes ago and now it won’t switch on, no response. Tried a hard reset using Power, Home Button and Volume Down and still nothing.

Warranty is non-existent as I’ve rooted the device.

Is there anything else I can do to try and get it running again???

I'm not 100% sure on this but I would guess that everything is stored on the motherboard and if you can't turn it on neither can they, so they can't check to see if it's rooted. When they change the motherboard all the evidence will be gone.

Somebody may be able to correct me on this but that's what I'm hoping if mine goes down.

They just ordered me a refurb and kept my one !

Feels so good to be back on the s3 after using the iphone 5 for 3weeks !!!

Strange, you'd think that whatever was wrong with your one they would just replace the parts unless it was totally screwed up.

Most cases the motherboard has been replaced so I don't know why CPW went with the refurb route.

No offence but you did well spending 3 weeks with the iphone5, I wouldn't even last 10 mins with any iphone :p

If you're looking to get the Note 2, check it out in a shop and ask if you can put the phone in your pocket because it's a monster!

Back
Top Bottom