***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I think from an actual store, you'd be looking £500+ still. From Gumtree, as I said above, £350-£390, boxed and new.

Problem is I don't live in the UK any more...needs to be a store as I've got a friend going over and has offered to bring one back for me :D

I saw on t-mobile's site that they have them for 449 - but i guess that's online only...

I've got my upgrade on the 23rd of this month. Still worth going for the S3? Currently have an S2 and this just seems to be the right choice when upgrading. My current s2 is unlocked as i bought it mid contract to replace a DesireHD, i guess the phone i will get from Orange will now come with their horrible bloatware, can anyone confirm? :(

Wow! Another one!? :eek:

Has there not been like 4-5 posts in the last 2-3 pages of this thread where people have said the exact same thing?

Wonder what is causing the "sudden death"......

Got a strange issue with the stock browser and wondering if anyone has had it or heard of it.
My homepage is set to Google, but upon opening the browser its constantly refreshing the page, almost like googles page is failing to load something, cleared cache and data no difference.. any ideas?

mine was stock and died.. Got it back, they had to put a new motherboard in it..

Before it happened the phone had been on charge so was 100%, an hour later and it was dead. I sent the phone for repair and kept the battery, when I got the phone back I put the battery in and it was at 85%... I reckon during its last hour there was some kind of huge power surge to kill it as no way would it have used 15% in an hour, 5% at most!

mine was stock and died.. Got it back, they had to put a new motherboard in it..

Before it happened the phone had been on charge so was 100%, an hour later and it was dead. I sent the phone for repair and kept the battery, when I got the phone back I put the battery in and it was at 85%... I reckon during its last hour there was some kind of huge power surge to kill it as no way would it have used 15% in an hour, 5% at most!

Extremely unlikely, the battery can't really do that in modern electronics (lest of all, a device that can regulate voltage across all major ICs). Batteries naturally lose charge due to how they are made + new handset wont be calibrated, it's much more likely to be something thats killing the EEPROM / defect in one of the ICs.

My S3 wont load hardly any apps including 'play' and gmail. They just crash on opening and the phone is really slow.
I have took battery out etc but keeps happening. Almost like it has a virus.
Any ideas?

I'm going to have to sell mine.... The black screen of death when connecting to bluetooth is getting beyonda joke .

Every Samsung I've had has done it..

Re the S3 sudden death I've been following the thread over on XDA for a while now and it seems that it affects S3's bought when it was first released and the motherboards are being swapped out for new ones at the Samsung service centres.

It is quite worrying and something that we will all have to keep an eye on.

Back
Top Bottom