***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Moment of sanity: I think the Note 2 is a rash move as much as I'd like one :p I'll nip by P4U on the way home and see what the score is but I intend on buying a <£100 Android phone to last the repair time. My S3 is boxed up, dropping to Collect+ later on.

Anyone having an issue where videos wont play correctly??

Im using Wanam 4.2 with the JB dom theme and when i go to play videos from my sd card or even when i record a video, it starts playing but its comes up in weird colours ie the screen is dark. Hard to explain but its like the screen is blacked out and the colours are bright red and bright blue??:confused:

The videos play fine on my PC but seems like they wont play properly on my S3.

Anyone have this issue??

Heres a video of what it looks like on my S3, excuse the quality as i had to take a video of the issue on my BB. But hopefully you get the gist of what im trying to say or show:

Got another dead S3 here.

Unplugged it this morning and the screen didn't turn on like it usually does. Wouldn't turn on at all.

Did the usual: held down the power and volume buttons, pulled the battery but it was completely dead. It didn't even have the charging LED on when I plugged it back in.

luckily we have a Samsung authorised warranty repairer in town, so it's with them. Should hopefully get it back by the weekend.

Had it since July and it's a blue one btw

Last edited:
Got another dead S3 here.

Unplugged it this morning and the screen didn't turn on like it usually does. Wouldn't turn on at all.

Did the usual: held down the power and volume buttons, pulled the battery but it was completely dead. It didn't even have the charging LED on when I plugged it back in.

luckily we have a Samsung authorised warranty repairer in town, so it's with them. Should hopefully get it back by the weekend.

Had it since July and it's a blue btw

What the hell is going on here!

I wonder if there's an authorised repairer here too, how can I find out?

Edit*
Closest is Middlesex, rather far out...

*gives my home button a poke just to be sure...*

This is seriously not good enough! for the price of these phones at the time of launch, this sort of mass S3 suicide shouldn't even be in our distant thoughts, never mind a constant worry every morning just in case it doesn't wake up!! It's just bloody ridiculous!

All you guys who's phones have been replaced, did they raise any questions with the fact you were rooted / using a custom ROM? or was it just a no-questions replacement?

If it's a no-questions replacement then that says to me that they must be expecting them to fail - which is just abysmal quality control if you ask me!!

Not to rub it in, but I have wanam 5.1 (4.1.2 ELKC) installed and seems nice and smooth so far.

Is this JB dom compatible with the new Wanam??.

So far my s3 seems to be fine although a few days my s3 didn't respond to my screen wipe so pulled the battery and it was fine...got my s3 back in August of this year...fingers crossed it doesn't die on me :/.

Given how many of these phones seem to be dying now, I am sure that all the major news sites will be posting about it soon enough, meaning Samsung will have to give a statement as to what is happening and what they are going to do about it.

Back
Top Bottom