***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Re warranties and rooting 'n stuff my son's s3 is apparently ok at the mo except it has tripped its water indicator, with no ill effects, would that affect Sammies response in relation to this dead s3 issue.

*gives my home button a poke just to be sure...*

This is seriously not good enough! for the price of these phones at the time of launch, this sort of mass S3 suicide shouldn't even be in our distant thoughts, never mind a constant worry every morning just in case it doesn't wake up!! It's just bloody ridiculous!

All you guys who's phones have been replaced, did they raise any questions with the fact you were rooted / using a custom ROM? or was it just a no-questions replacement?

If it's a no-questions replacement then that says to me that they must be expecting them to fail - which is just abysmal quality control if you ask me!!

They can't check if its been rooted !

:D

I'm glad I store Titanium Backups on the SDXC card, the local backup is a month old now and outdated, the last XC backup was last night so I've not lost anything vital.

Must also remember to remove the Authentication within 2-step for the S3 tonight!

It's likely I'm gonna get the Note II now, I don't want to risk another dead S3 down the line even if they fix the root cause in the repair/new handset.

So sorry to hear that you've been hit by the sudden death curse mrk it's a real shame. If I was you I would sell on your replacement and definitely get the Note 2. Wanam runs on the Note 2 so you'll feel right at home.

This sudden death thing is got me worried so much so that I've unrooted and returned to stock and will be selling my phone on via the recycling sites.

I can't take a chance with a ticking timebomb!

:D

I'm glad I store Titanium Backups on the SDXC card, the local backup is a month old now and outdated, the last XC backup was last night so I've not lost anything vital.

Must also remember to remove the Authentication within 2-step for the S3 tonight!

It's likely I'm gonna get the Note II now, I don't want to risk another dead S3 down the line even if they fix the root cause in the repair/new handset.

Authentication ?

Authentication ?

Aye I use 2-step auth and add application specific one time passwords for anything accessing my Google account, the S3 and other Android devices being ones in particular, gotta remove the S3 from the auth list in case someone in the repair shop decides to get frisky if they get it working...no chances :p

So sorry to hear that you've been hit by the sudden death curse mrk it's a real shame. If I was you I would sell on your replacement and definitely get the Note 2. Wanam runs on the Note 2 so you'll feel right at home.

This sudden death thing is got me worried so much so that I've unrooted and returned to stock and will be selling my phone on via the recycling sites.

I can't take a chance with a ticking timebomb!

It's a real shame, the phone is still the best IMO but like you, I don't want to chance it and now fancy a change too.

The ROM scene is dead for this phone.

Also he probably fancies a change - a new S3 won't feel like a new phone :D

I forgot about lack of LTE love in dev scene too, yeah sticking with GSM, I'm fine with the 11Mbit I'm getting at the moment :)

stoosh - have you ordered a N4?

Yes Mate but my order status is still pending! Ordered at 1710 yesterday.

I don't know how long it will take for Google to actually ship it.

Didnt you order a N4 too?

I have my sights set on the S3 LTE again and have lined up a purchase via gumtree but I'm not sure if I'll go through with it.

I had another go on the Note 2 at work and suddenly it seems more tempting!

Yes Mate but my order status is still pending! Ordered at 1710 yesterday.

I don't know how long it will take for Google to actually ship it.

Didnt you order a N4 too?

I have my sights set on the S3 LTE again and have lined up a purchase via gumtree but I'm not sure if I'll go through with it.

I had another go on the Note 2 at work and suddenly it seems more tempting!

Ahh so many options :D

Yeah I've ordered 2 N4's (both variants) - not keeping them for me though :D

My 16GB order was at 17:07 and still pending :(

Could the note II not also suffer the same fate though? More or less the same hardware as the GS 3......

Guess will find out in about 3-4 months time :p

P4U, they have the pay&go version, still sim unlocked but with Orange sim and £10 credit, would be handy to stick into an old Nokia and use for Orange Wednesdays :p

Could the note II not also suffer the same fate though? More or less the same hardware as the GS 3......

I hope not!

mrk I know exactly where you're coming from. It's such a shame that the best handset IMHO is plagued by this sudden death problem.

If you're prepared to wait you can get the Note 2 for around £470 from Handtec. I might well be going done that route tonight.

kona surely you should keep one of the N4's considering you had to suffer the awful ordering process that Google had forced upon us all. I Bet you end up keeping one!

I love the size of the S3 but I'm worried that the curse will extend to the LTE version and like mrk I also fancy a change.

Nexus I've been following the sudden death thread very closely for the past month and it only affects the S3 not the Note 2.

Back
Top Bottom