***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Hi all

just installed the CRDroid rom, and all is good, except i have now have 2 cameras and 2 galleries.

Can i freeze the ones i dont use or will that cause me jip,

its not a big deal but kinda annoying!

I had that when I chose the extra 4.2 camera too. I just hid the samsung one in the app drawer. Try freezing one and see what happens. Can't imagine there would be any problems :)

Hopefully crDroid gets updated soon. I'll give persius kernel a try.

Could do with some advice here peeps!

S3 came back from Samsung today, they have taken pics of "water ingress", 4 areas highlited and yup you've probably guessed it, USB port is one of them.

Here's the pic:
5D3_3300.jpg

As mentioned before, it's never been dunked in any liquid or anything like that so I can't figure out how some liquid got onto those circuit board areas circled...

What should I do? I wonder if I can just source a main board online and repair it myself? The screen should be just fine after all.

Also they used the worst camera and printer in the universe to produce that image....

Bah, well that sucks. I'll try and source something otherwise it's going to Mazuma Mobile as "non working" for £10 or whatever they are offering. The accessories I bought for it may fetch something I suppose.

It does!

I also just phoned my old man and asked about his phone insurance cover as having checked my bank, it's not covered. It's £6 to add my phone to his cover as family member's phones can be added. I will do this tonight :)

All is not lost then!

It might be just me thinking that it is but I'm sure most policies don't cover already damaged devices.

They probably wouldn't know either way but its not something I'd try.

Spoke to my dad again and he raised an interesting point, those that have also had their phones die randomly, did Samsung claim water ingress for those too? Obviously moisture got in somehow but how is the question and why so if others had similar problems maybe then there's a flaw somewhere.

I'll press Samsung about it and see what they say.

Was just about to post that mrk, given its a problem with models of a certain age I'd try and push that to them, they could just be trying to fob you off.

Could do with some advice here peeps!

S3 came back from Samsung today, they have taken pics of "water ingress", 4 areas highlited and yup you've probably guessed it, USB port is one of them.

Here's the pic:
/snip
As mentioned before, it's never been dunked in any liquid or anything like that so I can't figure out how some liquid got onto those circuit board areas circled...

What should I do? I wonder if I can just source a main board online and repair it myself? The screen should be just fine after all.

Also they used the worst camera and printer in the universe to produce that image....

I remember ace modder had this problem with Samsung when he sent his back for a EFS corruption. Check out his thread here might have some contact details or some such.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18379249&highlight=ace+modder

I remember that thread cheers!

What I don't get is if it was water ingress causing the fault, then surely the water indicator on/under the battery would also show signs of water ingress?

If there's water damage to the point where a phone doesn't boot then all water markers would activate I'd imagine :/

That picture is shocking, id be asking for a colour hi-res version, along with other proof that its your board and not one they use for such events. USB is an easy one to work out, sweat...its uncovered, located in a bad spot when your holding the device in landscape, and if you have a case on, the lip around that area makes it easy for the sweat to get into it more so, the corners could also be caused by that by it getting through gaps etc. The one above the usb port i have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom