***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I sent a canon 550d off to canon earlier this year, they were busy so they forwarded it to canon Germany, 3 weeks later, i got a letter, water damage, with pics attached, id only had it a day,they wanted £280 to repair it.

Rang canon uk, a week later they had a look at it, no water damage, im sure companies try this on

I'm emailing the guy mentioned in Ace's thread, a nicely worded professional email :)

Aye I'm sure repair centres do try it on :/

Edit*
And yes I fully agree at the "quality" of that pic!

Last edited:
I'll be mightily impressed if they do flip it around considering that in less than 12 months I've spent over £1k cash on Samsung stuff :eek:

It would be a shame to be turned away, will make me think twice about a Samsung purchase if warranty servicing produces such a poor experience.

What have you asked him?

Pretty much this:

Dear sir,

I am writing to express disappointment at the Samsung repair service that took place on my Galaxy S3 recently which randomly stopped working one morning.
The repair centre (service order number: XXXXXXX at Intercity Mobile Communications, Birmingham) returned my phone (purchased on 7/6/2012 sim free from Mobile Fun) stating Water Ingress.

My S3 has had a case on it since day 1 so quite how water made its way into the handset as the service centre reports, yet there has been no activation of the external water ingress indicators, I'm not sure.

Having had a look on forums and especially the Overclockers UK mobile forum, it seems my experience with repair centres is not isolated. Please see this S2 problem thread where one member had similar experiences where a centre claimed water damage.

I posted my problem here and as you can see, not only is the picture they have sent me of poor quality but the points circled are deep behind the chassis of the phone and behind the case so any water ingress that far would also have triggered the markers behind the battery as well which still remains intact.

The only thing I can think of is that the repair centre have made a mistake or that the S3 exhibits a flaw where moisture can get in over time and cause a fault. I know my handset has not been near water and has always been well looked after because I need it to base my accessory reviews around and having spent over £500 on the handset it disheartens me to think that I probably don't want to buy another Samsung handset if this is the kind of experience I'm going to be subjected to when sending something in for warranty servicing.

This email is really the last resort before I decide what to do next. Mobile Fun are unable to help as they can only follow what the service centre have told them and as such they have advised me to contact Samsung (perhaps via yourself) directly so I hold some hope that you may be able to assist me resolve this problem so that I can continue using Samsung phones and review their accessories via Mobile Fun.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Used it for a while but it suffered the usual bugs of aosp roms on the S3. Needed my phone to be as reliable as possible recently so went back to custom stock.

Back
Top Bottom