***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Installed 4.1.2 this morning OTA as I got the notification.

Loving some of the new features and especially the new gallery and the fact I can now customize and remove buttons from the notification menu that I never use :)

Paper artist is realy cool.

Phone seems even faster and smoother as well.

to the happy ROM flashers in here I'd strongly suggest taking a look at the latest nightly of cm10.1, seems a pretty good 4.2.1 install, no FCs, BT and Wifi working fine.

I'd happily go back to aosp if the camera didn't break all the time. I've had the "Couldn't connect to camera" error so many times.

Also, the bug where you can't hear the other user on the phone was pretty annoying :p That messed me around when I was taking calls for job interviews.

I'll probably still give it a go though :)

You're saying a CM10 nightly gave you those issues? Yikes, my CM10 has been rock solid since the first time I used it which I guess must have been october.

Anyway, CM10.1 I think is certainly stable enough for everyday use, just follow the instructions on xda and you'll be fine.

I thought it was a well known error for the camera to be a bit flakey, especially when switching between front and back.

And the in call voice issue only had one work around and that was to have lock screen sounds enabled. Something to do with getting the audio driver to load initially before a voice call was made.

What sort of battery life are you getting? Even on a Samsung based rom I don't get a whole day, but most aosp roms I tried were noticeably worse.

I charge it all night, hammer it all day and then charge it up at night again. I occasionally have to give it a bit of a boost during the day but nothing ridiculous. As much as my iPhone 5 easily.

I've never played with kernels at all, to be honest I don't really understand what they do and I've no real inclination to find out.

First thing I did when I got it was root it, install CWM recovery and since then I've just been wiping/backing up and flashing ROMs from in there and everything has been pretty much fine. AOKP wasn't great, I might go back to Wanamlite when they get the AOSP lock screen but other than that CM10 and now 10.1 has been awesome but there's a lot of features I don't use like the front facing camera for example.

Last edited:
I just installed CM10.1 to test it out, made a full nandroid backup before flashing as I wasn't planning on keeping it but after my testing (which proved to be quite pleasing, it's a nice little ROM that is!), CWM can't see my backup as the 4.2.1 filesystem layout is different to the 4.1.2 layout - it's looking for /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup but it's been moved to /sdcard/0/clockworkmod... all the stuff from my existing internal storage has been moved into a '0' folder

I moved the backup files in the /sdcard/0/clockworkmod/backup folder into the /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup where CWM was trying to find it, but it still won't see my backup!! the files are there in the right formate, but it just can't find them!!

Is there a way of restoring these .tar backup files using Odin?

Hey guys I'm having the same system UI stopped problem which I had a while back but was told how to correct it but I can't seem to get it right now.

So Wanamlite rom, JB Dom 1.45 theme and one of these toggles. In that order right? Do I tick or untick the toggles box on the aroma install on WL? Doing my nut in lol.

Back
Top Bottom