***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

I could never find a correct way of getting those 3 things to work, and probably like you, I think I tried all the combinations. Gave up in the end :(

If someone has solved it, then I would also appreciate the solution!

I installed wanam 5.2 without 23 toggles, then back into recovery and installed latest JB Domination. Seems ok and no system ui error.

screenshotdxh.jpg

This used to be the order, but I dont know if it works with latest JB Domination. Backup before trying. (Ill try in the morning).

1: Flash Wanamlite 4.0/4.1 (5.2 now)
2: Flash Stock toggles (linked in Wanam thread)
3: Flash JB Domination 1.3.5 or whatever the latest is to get stock JB look and feel
4: Flash the JB Domination addon, 15 toggles

Thanks to mrk for above :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to schedule nandroid backups?

To answer my own question. Rom Manager premium. I've now got it set up to do a nandroid backup every 3 days and scheduled foldersync to upload it to my dropbox and delete it from my sdcard after its synced. Saves on space.

Onto the 4th custom rom of the week.. crDroid 8.2!

Liking it so far. 1gb download, but has so many options in Aroma installer including JB Domination. Made everything easy.

Ive been watching this, looks nice. Ill try this on the new version, which should be out today (hopefully)

We need Samsung to release the 4.1.2 update for the S3 LTE. I wonder how long it will take?

@mrk Any response from Samsung in regards to your email?

It seems that you're not the only one who has been fobbed off with the water damage scenario, other users over at Xda are reporting the same thing happened to them! Hope you get it sorted soon!

One another note a website has finally picked up on the S3 sudden death syndrome.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Some-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-units-are-dying-young_id37944

Maybe now Samsung might come out and make an official statement about the problem once other websites pick up on the story.

The thread over at XDA is 56 pages long!

Hmm I've not had a reply yet but I wasn't expecting anything so soon given the holidays I guess!

I've followed up with the new info above though.

Well i still cant get Wanam 5.2 and JB dom theme to play nicely, everytime i flash and boot into my phone, i find the toggles at the top are missing the text underneath:confused:.

Dont know what im missing or doing wrong when im flashing. All ive done is boot into recovery, flashed the wanam 5.2 rom then rebooted, then again rebooted into recovery and installed the latest jb dom file v1.4.5 and then rebooted my phone. Still finding that the toggles are still missing the text underneath.

Not only that im noticing im getting a lot of 'email has stopped unfortunately' messages and its slowing the phone right down to a crawl. I have restored my titanium backup, hoping that would fix the missing text but that hasnt worked.

Anyone have any ideas as to how i can get it working??

Stoosh - now that I'm rooted (still on stock recovery) where does that leave me on OTA/kies updates?

I don't think that you'll be able to get official updates as you're rooted but you will be able to download 4.1.2 and update via Odin but you will loose root permissions.

However if you purchase Mobile Odin by Chainfire you can install the latest update and root it at the same time. Its a brilliant app and its really easy to use.

@mrk Let's hope Samsung respond in a favourable and timely manner. I think they will as this sudden death story is getting bigger and Samsung support are apparently taking quite a few calls about the issue.

Good to see that one biggish mobile news site has finally got an article posted on the sudden death issue stoosh, shouldn't be long till gsmarena, android central etc. pick up on it now and do the same, Samsung will have no other option but to respond and if they don't well, that will say a lot about them!

Last edited:
Well you can count me in on the sudden death syndrome, mine went about an hour ago.
I was going to take it to a service centre local to me, but I think I'll save myself some time and just get it done on the Samsung warranty.
This is my first, and last Samsung phone.

What an absolute stroke of luck that my Nexus 4 should be delivered tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom