***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
just dirty flashed v45 over v43 and all looks to be working, no problems as of yet!

cannot work out how to get slimPIE working though, any ideas?

Soldato
Just got quotes to repair my phone, and they're charging between £70 to £100!
They keep saying the spiel that the screen is attached the LCD (OLED or what it is) screen.

I've ordered the kit online, which cost £10, and I'll do it myself on the weekend hopefully.

Soldato
Maybe not the right thread...

Have installed Cyanogen mod and love it however.....When using Nova launcher I can scroll the bottom placed apps, is there anyway to do this in Cyanognmod? That is the only thing I miss from Nova.

Soldato
Short answer is........ No.

Long answer is........ No you cannot ;)

The Cm launcher is still in its infancy it's getting better but no where near feature packed as nova or apex.

I got slim pie working now it's handy but not something I would use.

Soldato
Just got quotes to repair my phone, and they're charging between £70 to £100!
They keep saying the spiel that the screen is attached the LCD (OLED or what it is) screen.

I've ordered the kit online, which cost £10, and I'll do it myself on the weekend hopefully.

Good luck!

Take your time, its not a quick job and is fiddly.

Soldato
OUCH!!

Cant Samsung see that it is in their interest to bring this out for the S3. By making your self look like a good guy, you are more likely to get better brand awareness and repeat custom.

I can see this causing them to lose market share. (Maybe no majorly, but enough)

Soldato
To be honest what difference is it going to make to the sheep that want the newest and bestest handset in the marked? Non what so ever!

If you are still running a Samsung official rom then I suggest you go try one of the many cooked roms on xda you will be blow away as to the advancements a few people can make to the software. Oh and I've been running 4.4 since December and have not looked back, if it's speed and usability then look no further than an aosp based rom (cm11 based roms are awesome).

Soldato
I would be surprised considering the abortion that was the official 4.3 JB update. Fully expecting them to make 4.4 available.

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/02/andr...alaxy-s4-s4-note-3-and-other-samsung-devices/

Those in the US have gotten 4.4 on there S3s ??

The US variant has 2gb of ram, whereas the international has 1gb. That's the argument Samsung are raising.

Still doesn't make sense though, we all know the S3 will run 4.4. They released 4.3 (albeit a bit buggy), wasn't 4.4 meant to work better on legacy devices?

Also, they've got the Galaxy Grand on that list of devices to receive 4.4 but that has 1gb of ram.

Associate
Samsung take the mick with their software IMO, if I went for another android I'd be definitely looking at a Nexus instead. If I was looking at an S3 new I'd definitely be looking to try and get a Nexus 4/5 instead :p

Soldato
The only thing deterring me from going down the Nexus road is the inevitable lack of ExtSD option... I couldn't cope without that to be honest! The standard internal storage is nowhere NEAR big enough when you've got apps/games out there totalling 2gb+ for a single app (that, plus the 32gb variants are always ridiculously expensive lol)

Associate
The US variant has 2gb of ram, whereas the international has 1gb. That's the argument Samsung are raising.

Still doesn't make sense though, we all know the S3 will run 4.4. They released 4.3 (albeit a bit buggy), wasn't 4.4 meant to work better on legacy devices?

Also, they've got the Galaxy Grand on that list of devices to receive 4.4 but that has 1gb of ram.

Well 4.3 is buggy as hell, was really hoping 4.4 would come out to at least fix some of the bugs. However can see me going custom ROM if indeed 4.4 does not get released to the S3.

Soldato
Santander and Lloyds banking apps work without issue on custom ROMs must just be the Barclays app that don't like root.

Along with the sky go app.

Back
Top Bottom