***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Just in case anyone who updated to 4.3 has a bad battery problem like I did.... losing charge very fast...

I did a boot to safe mode thing ( power up volume and home when turning on ) and cleared all cache/user data and did a phone reset.

Booted back up and resintalled all my bits n bobs and battery is now behaving normally as before the upgrade!

Soldato
Is Temasek ASOP?
Yes it's an AOKP as its a nightly King of the Cm11 builds with some extras
When you update your ROM do you have to reinstall or your apps again?
If your rom hopping or updating via flash for the same rom then its recommended to do a full wipe and re download your apps, but if your flashing nightly builds with only small changes a dirty flash (no wipe) is ok.
Nope, mine did a quick update thing for them but that was it.
As above, a dirty flash is only safe if your making small updates, month to month you should really do a full wipe because some times code hangs over from an old flash and can cause issues.

Soldato
I see, I got OmniRoms Dec30th rom, so would you recommend a full wipe?
I think, if I have to do a full wipe every flash, I would rather do it quarterly to save hassle :o
Yeah t go from Omni to Temasek you would want to do a full wipe or there could be huge problems.
AOKP is actually a different rom all together.

Temasek is an AOSP based rom, kanged most nights :)

The Kang in AOKP comes from it being a modified build of the original AOSP source code, (http://aokp.co/about/ ) all based on the same code just different changes made to make slightly different versions. Very little difference in the main Source code. If you were talking Miui then yeah completely different rom.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Kang in AOKP comes from it being a modified build of the original AOSP source code, (http://aokp.co/about/ ) all based on the same code just different changes made to make slightly different versions. Very little difference in the main Source code. If you were talking Miui then yeah completely different rom.

I think we're on the same page. I was just pointing out it's not an AOKP rom, it's a CM11/Omni rom.

Soldato
I've turned off the Halo toasts but have Halo on still, I really miss the notification Ring from OmegaDroid, but Temaseks rom is so much nicer.

Love active display, just pull then phone from your pocket and its ready unlocked and waiting for you.

Soldato
Well that's blown it! Just as i find the most awesome ROM known to man Temasek has decided to quit updating it well quit XDA anyway as his thread got massively derailed and was feeling very hurt by a few comments bitching and trolling him for fixes to problems that just don't exist :( such a shame.

Soldato
Wow, OmniRom user here but gf uses Temasek's CM11 and it was quite good.
Why cant people just appreciate other people's work and stop complaining....its not like they're paying for it?

Back
Top Bottom