***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

twe

twe

Associate
Don't know if anyone is using the Viking Rom but I moved over from Omega 13.1 and it is really nice and smooth and feels more complete..... Still on v7.3 but will upgrade to v9 soon.

Soldato
Only a few things that are niggling me ie the led notification light is now stupidly dim:confused: God knows why Google did that as i read its part of JB.

It's light sensitive, if you're in a dark room the light will be dimmer, but if you're in daylight or a brightly lit room the light will be at full brightness again :) although I think it's one of those "cool little things" that you notice and go 'oh, that's cool' then never notice again lol

Quick question when JB domination 1.5 is out, do i need to re-do all my flash or do i just need to flash the new JB domination over the old one??.

Nah, just flash it over the existing install :) you'll have to re-flash any other mods too though - 15 toggles/battery icon/centre clock... that sort of thing

Caporegime
It's light sensitive, if you're in a dark room the light will be dimmer, but if you're in daylight or a brightly lit room the light will be at full brightness again :) although I think it's one of those "cool little things" that you notice and go 'oh, that's cool' then never notice again lol

Nah, just flash it over the existing install :) you'll have to re-flash any other mods too though - 15 toggles/battery icon/centre clock... that sort of thing

Thanks for the explanation of the LED and the flash of new the jb domination, whenever it comes out.

Really impressed with the wanam 4.2 JB rom though, looks nice with the JB Domination theme and 15 toggles.

Soldato
I put this on XDA but thought I would post my findings here:

1. When you flash the ROM with Aroma, do NOT install S Voice.
2. When phone has booted (any boot not necessarily 1st boot), use Titanium Backup to "restore" S-Voice, choosing App+Data
3. Reboot phone

Now when you double press the home button, S-Voice is NOT launched but is replaced with Google Voice Dialler which allows you to dial numbers from the phone using your voice either from phonebook or by speaking the number.

This also has the benefit of stopping the phone from exiting the app when you wake the phone using the home button within a few secs of the phone screen turning off.

As I said, it may not work but I have tried it 3 times and it works every time.

Associate
Can anyone advise if I am likely to have any trouble with the below:

Galaxy S3 LTE Black
http://www.mobicity.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s3-i9305-16gb-uk.html#tabContainer

Main concern is if it is a UK model (I am under the impression that 4G specifications are to some degree country specific). Not seen many places doing handset only LTE models and this is the only black one I have seen. Not personally got any experience with the company either.

Full Background

I am a heavy data user and have been delaying upgrading my handset till I had visibility of 4G pricing plan. Needless to say having seen them I will not be going down that route but still wish to acquire a S3 LTE partially for the extra ram and partially to leave my options open in the future.

Initially I was thinking T-Mobile Full Monty but on reflection I wont use so many minutes and texts so an unlimited data three plan seems like a better idea especially as I am not committed for 2 years then too. Trick now is getting a sim free LTE handset (pref black) which don't seem to be so common.

Soldato
I put this on XDA but thought I would post my findings here:

1. When you flash the ROM with Aroma, do NOT install S Voice.
2. When phone has booted (any boot not necessarily 1st boot), use Titanium Backup to "restore" S-Voice, choosing App+Data
3. Reboot phone

Now when you double press the home button, S-Voice is NOT launched but is replaced with Google Voice Dialler which allows you to dial numbers from the phone using your voice either from phonebook or by speaking the number.

This also has the benefit of stopping the phone from exiting the app when you wake the phone using the home button within a few secs of the phone screen turning off.

As I said, it may not work but I have tried it 3 times and it works every time.

That's really cool, I wonder if it can be integrated in the ROM itself?

Man of Honour
I'll definitely be trying it when I flash 4.2 because using the home button is my usual way of waking it up and it annoys me when it goes back to homescreen!

Caporegime
Hmmm seeing as im stuck at the office till 930 tonight, i might just re-flash wanam and try Richie's little trick.

Question is i dont know if i can be bothered to do it ie re-flash then restore all my data and apps:p.

Soldato
I'll definitely be trying it when I flash 4.2 because using the home button is my usual way of waking it up and it annoys me when it goes back to homescreen!

Bear in mind you have to do a full wipe to get rid of S-Voice before installing the ROM and then not select S-Voice on the Aroma Installer of WanamLite.

Uninstalling and deleting it via TB seems to have the same effect but I don't know. I only have my own phone to test it (done it 4 times now) and I just stumbled across it.

1st time - upgraded to JB with full wipe, didnt install S-Voice and then restored it via TB after boot = worked as described above
2nd time - upgraded to JB with wipe = S-Voice still there, disabling it doesn't make it work
3rd/4th time - Uninstalled S-Voice then upgraded ROM as per above

Simply put - S-Voice must be backed up then totally removed (use TB to back then uninstal) prior to flashing ROM and NOT installed via Aroma during Install. Then, when phone has booted to normal, restore your backup using TB, reboot phone and it seems to work.

Associate
Just got an unlocked S3 popped in a giffgaff sim and i keep getting "unable to connect try again later" when it tries to register to the o2 network. Also tried an orange sim and i get the same message, i've been trying the past 2 days. Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom