**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
So I'm looking at a new phone and the S10+ seems to tick all the boxes. I take a lot of photos, and my camera has now been usurped by my phone (currently on an S9+). Is the S10e a good option, or should I go with the S10+? They both seem to be available on very reasonable contracts.

I was considering the Huawei P30 Pro, but the lack of a headphone jack is pretty much enough for me to discount it.

Soldato
So I'm looking at a new phone and the S10+ seems to tick all the boxes. I take a lot of photos, and my camera has now been usurped by my phone (currently on an S9+). Is the S10e a good option, or should I go with the S10+? They both seem to be available on very reasonable contracts.
I would say it comes down to personal preference rather than features or performance (to an extent). If a large screen is a must then S10+ all day long. On the flip side if you're not keen on in display fingerprint reader or curved display then S10e is for you. Aside from a higher screen resolution (negligible) and an extra zoom lens there's no difference between the two.

Soldato

I was considering the Huawei P30 Pro, but the lack of a headphone jack is pretty much enough for me to discount it.

If you're on an S9+, you'll gain nothing by upgrading at this time. Wait for the 11 series.

Soldato
If you're on an S9+, you'll gain nothing by upgrading at this time. Wait for the 11 series.

He'd gain something I'd say... S8 to S9 was rather incremental.. S10.. especially plus gains a fair bit... bigger punch hole screen and triple camera does make a difference.

Whether it's night and day is debatable but there's a difference. I found the difference in screen going S8+ to S10+ was pretty big.

Soldato
He'd gain something I'd say... S8 to S9 was rather incremental.. S10.. especially plus gains a fair bit... bigger punch hole screen and triple camera does make a difference.
Whether it's night and day is debatable but there's a difference. I found the difference in screen going S8+ to S10+ was pretty big.
Thanks for replying.

I wouldn't normally upgrade at this point, but my last hand-me-down to my wife (S7E) just died, so we need a new *decent* handset in the house. I'm taking the hit :)D) by getting a new phone and she will take my S9+. Probably.

Soldato
Does anyone else have issues making the camera focus properly when using the whatsapp camera? (S10)

edit- apparently it's due to whatsapp using the wide angle camera by default. it looks like with the exynos chip you can double tap the screen to make it use the main camera, but not on snapdragon:(

Last edited:
Associate
It's been a couple of weeks or so since i purchased my samsung s10 plus, very happy with it, after my very old note 4 just died the week of the very hot weather, i did like my note 4 just because i could swap batteries in and out easy.
The S10 plus comes with a pre installed screen protector, i'm happy with it, but i also purchased one of those Spigen, 2Pack, Samsung Galaxy S10 PLUS Screen Protector, NeoFlex, Case Friendly, Wet Application, as anyone tried installed them if so whats the out come do they look good especially the curve sides?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've bought in a number of recent Samsung low to mid-rangers which are actually very decent for their prices. Side by side with the S10e the A70 is comically large to the point it is just lol every time I look at it. A20e in the middle.

Notches are :(

The S10e screen looks pink, it is not in reality, that's the A20e's camera not recreating accurate colours of other screens. The S10e has the moreaccurate white balance in reality.

20190816_143933.jpg

Soldato
Yeah Note 10 one actually annoys me and I wasn't even that bothered by most notches.

Hoping by the time I upgrade the S10e we'll have under screen selfie cameras.

Associate
It is indeed but it's just too damn big!

Funny how things go around. I had a galaxy s8 and sold it to buy a 'bigger' galaxy s9+. Now I kind of wish I had a smaller phone like the S10e or S10! Though the S9+ display is nice I find the phone size a little cumbersome with a case on.

I had a prob with dust that had got inside the rear cover and onto the camera module's of my S9+. Carphone warehouse tech guys replaced the cameras earlier this year. Recently took it back to them for warranty repair to remove the dust and somehow in their care the rear glass got cracked. Had a right old spat with them over it and in end I just could not be bothered after getting nowhere with support and CEO support (though suspect both supports were the same). I only asked they stand up to the damage. Local fella with a repair shop offered to replace the rear glass and clean the dust off the camera modules. Carphone Warehouse wanted over £240 to replace the back and to 'repair' the camera issue would be extra as was no longer under warranty - due to the impact damage. Told them to get stuffed. Local chap fitted a genuine Samsung glass back and cleaned dust out for .... £15! I gave him £20 note and keep the change.

It appears the dust got in because Carphone Warehouse Tech Guys didn't seal the back properly when they did the original warranty repair earlier in the year. As to the cracked rear glass then it was not like it when I handed it to the two sales reps who booked it in. It appears they ship phones to their repair centre in nothing more than a velvet pouch. Needless to say I'll never deal with carphone warehouse again. You have been warned...

Soldato
Side by side with the S10e the A70 is comically large to the point it is just lol every time I look at it.
The A70 only meant to be 2mm taller then the new note 10+ and 2.4mm taller than a note 9
Didn't you used to have a note 8 or 9 ?

A70 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm
Note 10+ 162.3 x 77.2 x 7.9 mm
Note 9 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm

Back
Top Bottom