**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Definitely a record, got the August patch in August and with Three who are normally 6 weeks behind.

Don't think I'll bother work factory reset, clearly my mystery battery issue isn't going anywhere. Maybe fix it with an upgrade to S10 5G (probably first and last Samsung 5g flagship with 3.5mm jack) down the line.

My portable bank is getting a lot of use at least so not a wasted gift.

Associate
Anyone found any decent s10e tempered glass protectors? On my second set from the rainforest, and these are also pretty crap. Was thinking of wandering to the Samsung store to try an official one but unsure!

Soldato
The battery life on my S10 seems to be getting worse and worse :(

I've got it setup with the same apps I had on my S7. On a typical working day I'd get home with battery life in the mid 50% range on my S7 , Right now my S10 is at 27% :(

Soldato
Very basic question here, probably not even solely tied to the S10, but the Youtube app on my freshly bought Galaxy S10 does not have the option to disable thumbnail preview via the "autoplay on home"setting within the youtube app. The autoplay on home option does not even appear on the settings page where it should be, and where every google search tells you where it should be. I only have the toggle for "autoplay next video", which does not turn thumbnail preview off. The phone's apps are fully updated any everything. Is this a known issue? It seems to default to on and takes no notice if I on on Wifi or mobile data.

Associate
Not sure why that should be so as the option should be where you say. Might be worth getting YouTube Vanced as I use it by default and find it better - no ads for starters.

Soldato
Today was a rare day that I didn't have access to a charger and my power bank, seriously ****ed me over not having a phone earlier in the evening when any other previous phone I had before would still nave plenty left :mad:

I would seriously be considering getting rid ld this S10e if not for the headphone jack which limits my options to basically trying a bigger version.

Associate
Today was a rare day that I didn't have access to a charger and my power bank, seriously ****ed me over not having a phone earlier in the evening when any other previous phone I had before would still nave plenty left :mad:
I would seriously be considering getting rid ld this S10e if not for the headphone jack which limits my options to basically trying a bigger version.

The phone should be covered by a Samsung warranty, can you not approach them directly to see if they'll cover a repair? At this point i'd be pursuing a warranty repair because something really isn't right. If that has been done then just cut your losses and change the phone. You can't spend the next 22 months or whatever is left dealing with this annoying issue...

Soldato
The phone should be covered by a Samsung warranty, can you not approach them directly to see if they'll cover a repair? At this point i'd be pursuing a warranty repair because something really isn't right. If that has been done then just cut your losses and change the phone. You can't spend the next 22 months or whatever is left dealing with this annoying issue...

Dealing with Samsung support has been a tale of its own, from their store which is basically a glorified sales point to absolute cretins who are just following the scripts online.

"Can you restart the device?"

"I have"

"Has that fixed the issues?"

It honestly feels like I'm talking to robots reading of a script, one gal asked me twice to restart my phone and kept asking me if that fixed me issue. I politely explained that it's not possible to know, not to mention at the very start I explained that my device auto restarts every week anyway.

Soldato
from their store which is basically a glorified sales point

My experience of Samsung stores echoes this. Staffed by spivs who've probably worked in other low-end sales positions before getting a job doing the same thing in the Samsung store. Contrast with the Apple stores which are usually filled with staff who are Apple enthusiasts. They still want to flog you stuff, but at least they care about the product and if you mention a problem with an Apple device they fall over themselves to help out.

Soldato
My experience of Samsung stores echoes this. Staffed by spivs who've probably worked in other low-end sales positions before getting a job doing the same thing in the Samsung store. Contrast with the Apple stores which are usually filled with staff who are Apple enthusiasts. They still want to flog you stuff, but at least they care about the product and if you mention a problem with an Apple device they fall over themselves to help out.

+1

My Gear S3 stopped working, took it in for repair and I got it back 6 weeks later after 3 delays at the repair shop. If it was Apple, they would have swapped it out there and then.

Soldato

Indeed this is where Apple always had and still has an upper hand over Android phones. Whenever I had to deal with them for others, it was very quick and efficient to deal with any hardware problem.

At this point I'm just collecting all these going nowhere chats and email responses with Samsung and going to go to complaints to tell them they are not solving my issue.

I've plenty of screenshots of my battery usage to show poor screen on time, with usual usage it's dead within 10 hours of, so dead by 6pm on your usual day when you leave house at 8am.

Still don't understand why it can almost squeeze out 8 hours SoT on WiFi but drops through the floor with mobile data. My S7 Edge before this was still giving me almost 6 hours under same conditions with Three so signal can't be that much of an issue.

Soldato
That's what makes my case dealing with them really bad in particular, it isn't a faulty battery as it works fine under WiFi and all apps I've tried report the battery to be in stellar condition as one would expect for a 2 month old phone.

Soldato
That's what makes my case dealing with them really bad in particular, it isn't a faulty battery as it works fine under WiFi and all apps I've tried report the battery to be in stellar condition as one would expect for a 2 month old phone.
I'm just thinking out loud but would it have anything to do with the fact Three have no 2g network? Therefore your phone is constantly searching for a 3g/4g signal, particularly when it's weak.
If you changed network settings to use 3g only, would that make a difference? I highly doubt it but I had to impart my wisdom :p

Soldato
Any suggestion are welcome, although I remember trying that before and having pretty bad signal overall. I'm actually away from WiFi most of the day tomorrow up in Scotland so see if it makes much difference.

Also I've factory reset the phone three times already.

Back
Top Bottom