**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
I have also recently bought the S10+ but I'm only getting around 4 hours of battery life, turned off anything that could be causing it WiFi Calling etc.

The latest update on this phone is April apparently and there's no further updates.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have also recently bought the S10+ but I'm only getting around 4 hours of battery life, turned off anything that could be causing it with calling etc.

The latest update on this phone is April apparently and there's no further updates.
Factory reset, almost every guide will tell you that. If that doesn't fix it then you have a faulty battery.

Soldato
Yes, the Exynos version.

Bit strange you're all the way back in April, was it purchased SIM Free or with a carrier?

Try taking a pic of your battery usage to see what's eating it so badly.

I also have a problem with my S10e battery, condition and capacity is all good and strange thing with mine is that with WiFi it's really good and what you would expect. Once I'm on mobile data is goes to 3 and a half hours SoT, do you have issues when on WiFi as well?

EDIT: Check how much Google Play Services is eating up of your battery, some people have been having trouble with that. If it's a lot, trying clearing the cache.

Last edited:
Soldato
He meant Screen on Time which is a general measure. It's more puzzling why the software is on April at the moment, maybe try downloading something like 'Phone Info Samsung' from play store.

CSC Code tab will tell you which country it belongs too and can check firmware while you're there. Resellers normally send you an unlocked phone without branding, I have heard stories of some sending non UK phones, maybe that's the case here?

Associate
I've been super happy with battery life on my regular S10. Not using dual SIM, Accubattery is saying I'll get 8h 30m screen on time on average from a full charge.

And that's from an Exynos version, apparently Snapdragons are even better?

Certainly sounds like something is amiss if you're getting about half of what I'm getting. Dual SIM doesn't have that much of an effect surely?

Associate
I've been super happy with battery life on my regular S10. Not using dual SIM, Accubattery is saying I'll get 8h 30m screen on time on average from a full charge.

And that's from an Exynos version, apparently Snapdragons are even better?

Certainly sounds like something is amiss if you're getting about half of what I'm getting. Dual SIM doesn't have that much of an effect surely?

Dual or single sim may have an effect as in the screen grab posted by Nemesis I see both mobile signals look weak? Site I work at has weak Vodafone (and EE) signal and every android phone I've had in recent years sees a lot higher battery drain at that site.

Soldato
Dual or single sim may have an effect as in the screen grab posted by Nemesis I see both mobile signals look weak? Site I work at has weak Vodafone (and EE) signal and every android phone I've had in recent years sees a lot higher battery drain at that site.
I use dual sim, Vodafone and O2, and the house I recently moved into is in a bit of a mobile black spot. I have 1 bar of 4g on both networks. I can't say I noticed any particular drain on my S10e. Is it not more when you have weak signal and your phone is constantly scanning for a closer tower?

Associate
I use dual sim, Vodafone and O2, and the house I recently moved into is in a bit of a mobile black spot. I have 1 bar of 4g on both networks. I can't say I noticed any particular drain on my S10e. Is it not more when you have weak signal and your phone is constantly scanning for a closer tower?

I'd have thought so. In truth I don't know for sure. I do know my current phone and previous phones battery drains faster when signal is weak.

Man of Honour
Tried 960fps properly for the first time today. Rather impressive.

xPDQ6jr.gif

Man of Honour
I just make the best use of what I have lol

If you really must know, I was listening to music very loudly this morning whilst editing photos and as the sun shone through the blinds and hit one of the speakers, I noticed how much the driver cone was moving. Like all video/photo ideas that happen on the spot in my mind, this was a perfect opportunity to try out slow motion :cool:

Back
Top Bottom