**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Unfortunately not Nade. I am Vodafone, if that makes any difference
Oh ok, is the phone a contract phone from Vodafone? Not sure if it's something to do with that, i've a S10+ as well which I got sim free, it has Feb update and i have got the VoLTE option listed. Just tried enabling it and making a few random calls, but wasn't showing as active.

I've got a standard S10 work phone, using EE (also on Feb update) and that phone shows as using VoLTE no problem.

Edit: Just checked Voda's "wifi calling" pages and it states "All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling". Might explain why my sim free phone doesn't work the feature.

Soldato
Out of the blue, my S10+ now has a rattle if i shake it. Only happened in the last few days i think. But looking online it appears to be a common issue relating to the camera lens "barrel" used for the autofocus(?).

Associate
Sometimes when I visit a website itll say open in browser or app, and you can click just once or always.
I've clicked always on a couple, but now I want to visit the actual webpage the app keeps opening. Does anyone know if it can go back to just web page viewing

Man of Honour
An update is coming end of this month that brings some S20 features to Note 10 and S10 series.

Single take for camera
Pro video mode for camera
Quick Share (Air drop for Android)

And some other improvements.

Finally, pro mode for video is back!

Also, my S10e from HK has the March update. I got the Jan update start of March, then 2 weeks later got the March update so it seems updates for SD are.... random lol but they do happen.

Associate
I bought a s10e last August been pretty happy with it until yesterday when i decided to take off the screen protector that it came with installed as it was starting to peel slightly in the top left corner, only to find the screen has 2 very fine 3cm or so scratches right in the middle of the screen that wasn't caused by me, as the original screen protector was in decent condition with no deep scratches & i spotted them as soon as i took the protector off.

This rightly now has ****** me off because this defect has been covered up if i had seen it when i first got the phone it would have gone back.

I've Googled this & it seems i'm not the only one that got this problem.

Soldato
I bought a s10e last August been pretty happy with it until yesterday when i decided to take off the screen protector that it came with installed as it was starting to peel slightly in the top left corner, only to find the screen has 2 very fine 3cm or so scratches right in the middle of the screen that wasn't caused by me, as the original screen protector was in decent condition with no deep scratches & i spotted them as soon as i took the protector off.

This rightly now has ****** me off because this defect has been covered up if i had seen it when i first got the phone it would have gone back.

I've Googled this & it seems i'm not the only one that got this problem.
I fully empathise, no one likes screen scratches. However, speaking from experience as a previous S10e owner my advice is get used it. I've always cared for my tech like an egg and as luck would have it up until last week had never so much as cracked a phone until my 7T Pro fell off the living room table and broke the glass back. Anyhow, I digress. The S10e screen is so prone to micro scratches it's unreal. Mine was so bad after the 8 months or so of ownership. Granted they could only be seen in the right light but they were everywhere. My phone always gets a pocket of its own etc so how these scratches came about is anyone's guess. I have treated my 7T Pro the exact same and there isn't a single mark on the screen.
The GG5(?) on the S10e just isn't up to snuff.

Soldato
Now that you mention it, it's not awful by any stretch of imagination but if I really look at the screen, my S10e has quite a few fine scratches which for the age of it is a bit unusual going by my past phones.

Also had a Spigen case on since day 1 so should have been protected when lying flat, etc.

Man of Honour
For the record I ripped my screen protector off on day 1 and screen has zero scratches.

It has been dropped a few times too I don't understand what people are doing to their phones unknowingly to get scratches!.

Back
Top Bottom