**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
I spoke too soon about battery life improving on Android 10, after initial small gains it now seems worse than ever, even on WiFi.

Same here. S10 battery drops like a stone on WiFi. I'm sure overall battery life has taken a hit on 10 (Q). I've also got an issue with blue tooth since the update. Audio cuts randomly when listening to audible and Spotify through by ear buds. Has done it when connected to vehicles head unit via bt. Have to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth to get audio back. I was getting some stuttering and apps being slow loading but this seems to have settled down. I have reset phone and cleared cache BTW. I think I preferred Pie :rolleyes:

Soldato
Since the update I have gotten this massively annoying space at the bottom of my swift key layout. Been through all the options and can't shift it. Anyone ideas?
Note https://imgur.com/gallery/LA9TBCu
MCCsysQ

Last edited:
Associate
I was thinking my battery life had gotten a tad worse since the upgrade to 10 also! Not that i'm really running out at all, just noticeably lower when i plug it in to charge at the usual time..

Permabanned
It's honestly pretty awful. I'm averaging around 2 1/2 hrs SOT atm. Really not impressed at all and might consider contacting them for an exchange/refund.

Soldato
Let me know how you get on, I've had a runaround from Three and Samsung. Not sure if exchange would make a difference if it's just Exynos playing up with certain network bands (far better stamina on WiFi).

Again, gutted as I love the phone but I'm in constant "battery anxiety" so plug it in every chance I get. If I'm doing my hikes then I'm plain screwed if I forget my power bank. Never had a flagship this bad and really shouldn't be happening.

Last edited:
Soldato
Let me know how you get on, I've had a runaround from Three and Samsung. Not sure if exchange would make a difference if it's just Exynos playing up with certain brands.

Again, gutted as I love the phone but I'm in constant "battery anxiety" so plug it in every chance I get. If I'm doing my hikes then I'm plain screwed if I forget my power bank. Never had a flagship this bad and really shouldn't be happening.
My Pixel 3 sounds just as bad. 2.5 hrs SoT average. Other than that I'm happy with the phone.

Permabanned
Let me know how you get on, I've had a runaround from Three and Samsung. Not sure if exchange would make a difference if it's just Exynos playing up with certain network bands (far better stamina on WiFi).

Exactly the same here. Never had a phone that drops so quickly. It's just inexcusable considering the size of the battery. Really not impressed as wasn't aware there was a different chip used for EU models until after order. Maybe that's my fault but hey ho.

Soldato
Well technically speaking we as consumers don't have a choice unless we import the Snapdragon version, which can come with its own caveats.

This different SoC thing has been going on for a while now, never bothered me before the S10 but this chip has really dented my confidence.

Permabanned
Well technically speaking we as consumers don't have a choice unless we import the Snapdragon version, which can come with its own caveats.

This different SoC thing has been going on for a while now, never bothered me before the S10 but this chip has really dented my confidence.

It's strange considering that some users are getting 5/6hrs+ but others can't get close to 4. I'm not even that much of a heavy user really.

Permabanned

Do you think it's likely a network issue? I'm also with three but thankfully not tied down to a contract so can switch up if necessary. Might buy a few different sims to test if that's causing a big drain....

Soldato
Do you think it's likely a network issue? I'm also with three but thankfully not tied down to a contract so can switch up if necessary. Might buy a few different sims to test if that's causing a big drain....

Well fact that some users are fine and others are not, somewhat points that it is possible that this Exynos SoC just isn't as efficient with certain bands. Maybe signal strength too but to be fair I haven't noticed a difference when I've been to different cities and towns.

Soldato
Mine was like that out the box, battery capacity still reports at 96% with Accubattery.

That's another thing that worries me about longevity of this phone, wearing out the battery with more cycles.

Associate
Since Android 10 been out there hasn't been any bug or optimisation fixes for the S10, only the January Security update & i don't think the February update will offer any either.
Beginning to wonder if Samsung has started to put the S10 on the back burner somewhat since they are so close to the S20 launch.

Soldato
I mean, that's how the cookie crumbles although most bugs are probably ironed out by this point. I haven't actually encountered any to be fair so happy enough with software side of things.

Back
Top Bottom