**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Permabanned
@neoboy Just to let you know, I've tried two sims from Voda and O2 and it's made not a spit of difference so far as I can tell. Still not even hitting a SoT of more then 3 hours and having to limit a lot of settings to even get close.

Going to order something else tonight and get this returned ASAP. It's just not anywhere near acceptable from a flagship phone that costs as much as it does. A real shame because I love the phone and it's one of the few remaining that has a 3.5mm jack.

Soldato
That's kinda my problem, this phone was supposed to last me two years so I could hold on to the headphone jack for as long as possible so not even sure what I would move to.

How are you returning, just compaining to where you got it from?

Permabanned
That's kinda my problem, this phone was supposed to last me two years so I could hold on to the headphone jack for as long as possible so not even sure what I would move to.

How are you returning, just compaining to where you got it from?

Thankfully it's still within the 28 day return period so should be quite straightforward. There live chat service is really good so hopefully I can get it all sorted over that later on.

Man of Honour
Screenshot_20200207-200449_Gallery.jpg

Gcam since January for all phone photography. HDR+ Enhanced has resulted in a rather enjoyable time indeed!

Soldato
hey all...6mnths in with s10+ and factory screen protector was doing its job...today, saved my screen from breaking/scratching...but now has a hole...any screen protector recommendations ?
so many to chose from..Thanks

Soldato
Anyone know of cheapest PAYG on S10? Thought S20 announcement would bring it down but seems to have been steady.
Been having a quick look, can find deals from around £33. But these are 24 month contracts so your are talking ~£800 for the cost of contract and phone. You'd be far better off keeping eye out for sim free deals, or even 2nd hand and get a decent cheap sim only deal.

Soldato
Not sure if it's the January update but battery life is going from bad to worse. According to Accubattery I'm draining 3.4% per hour with the screen off (over quarter battery life in 8 hour window of not using the phone) and that's with bluetooth, NFC and AoD off. Google Assistant has been completely disabled too as some reported that as a problem but no change here.

This is seriously denting my confidence in their Exynos phones now and I really can't see myself keeping the phone until next year's flagship. Only good thing is that I got this so cheap I can still get rid of it without any loss but this is basically the last flagship with a headphone jack so I just don't know what I would move to.

Man of Honour
I can't say I have noticed any battery issues with mine is this across the board on the Exynos? Mines recons it has done 24 hours on battery, bluetooth, wireless & nfc on connected to my watch over BT all day and approx 3 hours screen time plus around 3 hours of music to bluetooth earbuds and an hour or so on the phone. I have the screen at about 85% brightness. I can't say if that is any different to my usual usage but mine is happily doing 24 hours under a single charge.

Soldato
What's the difference between the S10 and the S10 lite? The Lite is at a price which i'm willing to pay and seems to have a bigger screen albeit not the same resolution as the S10 but my dad aint going to notice that.

Soldato
What's the difference between the S10 and the S10 lite? The Lite is at a price which i'm willing to pay and seems to have a bigger screen albeit not the same resolution as the S10 but my dad aint going to notice that.
As far as i know it's mostly CPU, camera, battery and display size. S10 Lite uses S855, 48MP camera with super steady OIS and you have already mentioned the screen/resolution changes.

Back
Top Bottom