**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Caporegime
OP
Does the S10E also have the same video stabilisation features as the S10 and S10+?

Can't find anything concrete but a number of reviews mention the (basic) sensors are the same as are the SoCs so I presume it should. The other models only seem to add additional sensors.

Soldato
because usbc ports are made of cheese. If it's on its own board and it fails, change the board. If it's on the motherboard, potentially much more expensive to repair.

Again.. so what? Who's repairing their own phone? It has a 2 year warranty on it anyway iirc?

Got to say I hammer my phones, never had a USB port fail

Associate
Can't find anything concrete but a number of reviews mention the (basic) sensors are the same as are the SoCs so I presume it should. The other models only seem to add additional sensors.
Doesn't the video stabilisation use the ultra wide camera which the S10e doesn't have?

Soldato
Again.. so what? Who's repairing their own phone? It has a 2 year warranty on it anyway iirc?

Well, the port on my s8 is broken and i have no warranty because the screen is cracked so i cant use the Manufactures warranty. That's one such example. I can repair it myself pretty cheaply which wouldnt be the case if i had to replace the entire motherboard.

Associate
The s10e does have the ultra wide camera not the telephoto one so it should have the same video stabilisation as the S10 and S10+
Ah my bad, you're quite right. From the Samsung website "The Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+ record like a professional action camera utilising the Ultra Wide Camera and predictive software. Super steady gives you smooth videos, even when your journey is on the adventurous side."

Soldato

I've seen a few fail on friends and family luckily some were still in warranty still others not so as a friend had slight damage on the bottom of the phone and they said that had caused it ...be it 4 months later :rolleyes:

Well wait till 1 fails and Samsung say no and my point is its just pushing the price up as if it does fail its a new mobo and those costs get pushed to the buyer in the end

Associate
In anticipation of receiving my new phone, can somebody please recommend a generic (to fit any phone) car mount with Qi Wireless charging? I've already got a Brodit Proclip so if I would connect it there then great, but not bothered as long as it fits nicely in my car.

Soldato
Just had the Spigen Thin Fit case arrive.

Very bendy, very thin, quite slippy though.

Going to order the Spigen Case Liquid Air and see what that's like.

Soldato
I've seen a few fail on friends and family luckily some were still in warranty still others not so as a friend had slight damage on the bottom of the phone and they said that had caused it ...be it 4 months later :rolleyes:

Well wait till 1 fails and Samsung say no and my point is its just pushing the price up as if it does fail its a new mobo and those costs get pushed to the buyer in the end

I get it but we can't have everything... these things are built in a way that you can't open, it's all glued shut and then things soldered on to make them thinner and yes I guess perhaps at some level to create obsolescence but then we'd all moan if they were user servicable and thicker etc etc.

My point is even knowing whether it's soldered on etc is an edge of an edge of an edge case. Barely worth mentioning.

Soldato
In anticipation of receiving my new phone, can somebody please recommend a generic (to fit any phone) car mount with Qi Wireless charging? I've already got a Brodit Proclip so if I would connect it there then great, but not bothered as long as it fits nicely in my car.

I've ordered one from fleabay to "massage" onto my proclip, it should be arriving tomorrow :)

Soldato

My Note 4 port broke after three years, and a good year before I wanted to replace it. I'm happy with my S9+, don't get me wrong, but I was intending to buy outright and due to the timing I wasn't able to do so.

Back
Top Bottom