**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
With Android Auto wouldn't you use the cars display anyway?

Not used any apps with this issue but you can set certain ones to hide the camera within the Display Options.

Edit....
Actually the option only sets Auto or Full Screen per individual app, would have made more sense having Hide Camera in there.

No my car doesn't have android auto, I use it as an interface that is easier to use when driving with it in a holder on the dash.

Yeah I saw that setting where you can only "hide the camera" all of the time, not per app.

Caporegime
Someone wkll try to charge it.
Ahh, the naivety.. . I can tell you for a fact based on long experience that people often don't charge it before handing it in, which makes it a nightmare to locate. What's more if you actually rely on that rather than taking sensible precautions like writing on a simple piece of paper then more fool you. It has led to my phone coming back to me twice over the years.

Associate
Ahh, the naivety.. . I can tell you for a fact based on long experience that people often don't charge it before handing it in, which makes it a nightmare to locate. What's more if you actually rely on that rather than taking sensible precautions like writing on a simple piece of paper then more fool you. It has led to my phone coming back to me twice over the years.

Fair play if this has worked for you in the past. Just seems abit old fashioned to stick a post it note under the case. However, what if like me, you don't use a case? I enjoy my phones better without cases.

Personally, I'd rather just go purchase a same day replacement, as having a working phone is more important than waiting for a good hearted person to contact me.

Caporegime
How long did it take you guys to receive the email from Samsung about your old phone? Tracking says it was delivered 4 days ago but I've heard nothing back. I went with the cheapo free postage option so hopefully it arrived in one piece. :o

Caporegime
Fair play if this has worked for you in the past. Just seems abit old fashioned to stick a post it note under the case. However, what if like me, you don't use a case? I enjoy my phones better without cases.

If you choose not to use a case then (mind-numbingly) obviously it doesn't apply to you. This is not complicated logic... but then again neither is using a £10 case to protect an £800 phone with a smooth and slippery texture that manually goes in and out of your pocket multiple times per day. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
So what has everyone went for case wise for the S10...I'm still rocking the official S10 leather case from Samsung, I've found it be absolutely lovely in the hand :)
I just bought the cheapest TPU case off the rainforest I could get (£3.15) for the time being.
With all the phones I have owned I must be out a fortune in cases. So I have gone for cheap and simple until I am sure I'm keeping it :p

Having said that if I do keep it I will likely get a couple of Spigens, never let me down before. I tend to get a slim case for sleekness and a full on bumper case for more heavy duty usage - like the Neo Hybrid or Liquid Air etc.

Soldato
Well my cheap as chips TPU case actually arrived this morning, it's good for the £3odd I paid for it. What I notice is that a case of any description does make using the fingerprint reader/power button much easier to find and use due to the cutout on the case.

Soldato
Associate
Soldato
There was discussion about this earlier:

Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ users are reporting that they’re able to see the phone’s in-display fingerprint sensor while using the device in direct sunlight

https://phandroid.com/2019/03/22/pe...r-visible-at-full-brightness-direct-sunlight/

I assume you guys can notice this too.

It kind of puts me off any in-screen fingerprint sensors.

What's your experiences?
I see it also mentions the 6T here. I can't say I've noticed it on mine.

Soldato
Is there a way to force full screen in landscape mode? When using landscape apps will stop at the notification bar as opposed to filling the whole screen as in portrait mode.
I am assuming it's an Android issue as my OnePlus 6t is the same.

Soldato
Soldato
How long did it take you guys to receive the email from Samsung about your old phone? Tracking says it was delivered 4 days ago but I've heard nothing back. I went with the cheapo free postage option so hopefully it arrived in one piece. :o

Takes about 2 weeks to go through their system for testing etc

Back
Top Bottom