**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
I'm very tempted by Sky trade in. £114 for my S7 and an additional £100 from Sky. Free phones if I go for the S10. Plus Quidco although they don't have S10 listed yet. Last weekend they were giving £105 for the S9. Plus if I cash in 10Gb of data from my Sky piggy bank that I have for my kids phones I think it works out around £35pm. Now that's only 1gb of data but I still have another 8 gigs of data I can transfer when I need it from the piggy bank. A no brainer??

Soldato
Top end phones aren't going to get cheaper anytime soon. The bar has been set now unfortunately.

Wait a few months and it might have come down by a couple of hundred quid. S9 did similar

Associate
Anyone think it's worth the upgrade from a s9+?
With trade in its £549...

Wondering the same. Just had a look on Samsungs website but couldn't see a trade in price for Galaxy S9+ ... unless it's same price as S9?

Though both S10 and S10+ look good phones I'm not feeling any great desire to upgrade. I'm not eligible at Vodafone having just taken out a sim only 12 month plan though maybe could cancel under their 30 day network satisfaction guarantee ;) Even then I'm in no hurry to take out a 24 month contract. I'd be more inclined to take one of Samsungs offers.

Soldato
Can someone confirm whether the trade-in handset is collected before or after release (obviously need my handset until then!)? Haven't ordered yet but I think I have missed the obvious detail.

Soldato
Can someone confirm whether the trade-in handset is collected before or after release (obviously need my handset until then!)? Haven't ordered yet but I think I have missed the obvious detail.
It's there in the terms. After receiving new handset I believe you have seven days to return your trade in

Associate
Why do people trade in their old handsets when you can get much more money privately? Are people just happy to take the hit for the convenience?

Anyone trading in an S9+ to Samsung are just mental, they go for over £400 on ebay?

Soldato
Why do people trade in their old handsets when you can get much more money privately? Are people just happy to take the hit for the convenience?

Anyone trading in an S9+ to Samsung are just mental, they go for over £400 on ebay?
Convenience. It’s actually easier to just recycle them, than sell them privately or on eBay.

Soldato

I haven't dealt with ebay in years and when you account for fees etc it may end up being what an extra 50 quid? I'd rather sacrifice that for the convenience and also not having to deal with scammers and paypal.

Associate
Still not enough of a bump for me.

Every time I cave and buy the latest then 2 weeks later wonder why I wasted my money as the differences are so minimal.

Also that hole punch is driving me insane :p they could have at least stuck it in the middle to stop it being so fugly :(

Associate

Never having sold anything on ebay what sort of charges get deducted by paypal and ebay? There is a hit for convenience and sometimes seems worth it to avoid any hassle with some idiot messing you about on ebay? I should check out the members market here as expect there will be an S9 or two on there any day soon.

All this said I have no urge to upgrade my S9+. Probably a better camera but other than that doesn't bring anything else for me. Fingerprint scanner under the display - but I don't use one as my prints wear and can hardly ever register a print. Bigger battery on the 10+ but my s9+ battery gets me through every day with ease. Probably feel it's spending cash for not a lot of gain. This isn't to say the S10 is crap its just phones have reached a point where it's difficult to come up with the next big thing. Even a folding phone I can see the novelty wearing off fast - £1500 for a phone :eek:

The only thing that has peaked my interest is the free Samsung Galaxy Buds. I have some cheapish BT buds I bought off amazon some time ago and they are great for when working on my own though maybe not the best sound quality. Can listen to radio, spotify and Audible. Last week I left the little box with earbuds in my work trousers. Mrs chucked said trousers in the wash :eek: Not as bad as you would think as they still work other than they sound not so good and really need to seat them in the box to persuade them to charge. Free pair of Galaxy Buds would possibly make me think about upgrading to S10 though probably cheaper just to buy some - subject to reviews saying they are any good!

Back
Top Bottom