**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Is it worth upgrading the S9+ to a S10+?

I'm sure the S10 will be a better phone, but is it worth it? Only you can decide.

Crossing my mind at the moment. Having probs with the camera on my S9+. Wider of the two lenses on the S9+ produces images that looks like there is grease on the lens and 'tele' less so. Dropped off again under warranty to the techguys at carphone warehouse where one of them gave it a vigorous shake, explaining the connection to the lens this model can come lose and a shake can fix it (bull poo me thinks). Then he and his mate took it in turns to shake it as they were sure they could hear something rattling inside (really??). The training these guys get - it must take years :rolleyes: They've sent it away and see now how it fares when it comes back.

If it isn't sorted this time I may trade it via Samsung's interest free upgrade prog for one of the S10's. Tempted to go smaller either S10 or S10e. Both worked well one handed as much as I could tell handling them in Carphone. Hopefully my S9+ will be repaired this time round.

Soldato
Yeah I have had a good think and slept on it, I guess I am happy with my S9+ really, and the jump to an S10+ is hardly going to be THAT noticeable. You almost get sucked in with all the offers and deals! :p

Associate
I am for some reason getting "moisture has been detected in your charger port", even though it has not been anywhere near water? I have tried blowing into the port and rebooting, but the message is still there.. If I plug in the charger it will just started beeping.. I gather this must be a software bug or sensor failure? Anybody else experienced this?

Soldato
I am for some reason getting "moisture has been detected in your charger port", even though it has not been anywhere near water? I have tried blowing into the port and rebooting, but the message is still there.. If I plug in the charger it will just started beeping.. I gather this must be a software bug or sensor failure? Anybody else experienced this?

I did on my s8. Broken port .....

Associate
Ended up ordering an s10e on a vodafone red entertainment package through mobile phones direct in the end, effectively cheaper than the three deal from a week or so back with the Spotify premium for 24 months included and i'll never even use 50GB so all is well. Should be here tomorrow if i can get them to leave it with a neighbour!

Associate
They are sales monkeys, they don't know squat about actual tech usually :p

They make hard work of sales too ;)

Yeah I have had a good think and slept on it, I guess I am happy with my S9+ really, and the jump to an S10+ is hardly going to be THAT noticeable. You almost get sucked in with all the offers and deals! :p

Hopefully they'll fix my phone this time - stranger things have happened! In which case I can ignore this forum topic and wait for
**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 S11 Family Thread ****

Soldato
So what kind of life should I be expecting from S10e in terms of SoT? Due to the carry on and waiting to get my number back from O2, today was the first day I wasn't running my phone in dual sim configuration and battery life is still disappointing. Is it normal for the background processes to be using up so much power?

BtJ8dvI.jpg

EDIT: So I was working on a site last two weeks with poor reception where my internet was constantly reconnecting, plus dual SIM configuration so thought that was the reason for poor battery life. Problem seems the same though now that I only have one SIM, looks like LTE battery drain?

6SpJ0MI.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Soo.. I took my S9+ for camera repair and picked it up tonight as it was back in the shop. Turns out they returned it unrepaired because there is a crack across the top right corner of the back glass. It for sure wasn't there when I took it in. Two of their salesman examined it before booking it in and not like you could miss it. Neither of them mentioned or noticed a crack. Looks like it's taken an impact on the edge. The lads who booked it in weren't about tonight and neither was the manager. Evidently whilst arguing the toss I'm told they often send phones for repair and not notice a crack across the glass even though warranty is void with glass damage.

Having a word with the manager tomorrow as he'll be at the store. Not sure how it'll go as it'll be my word against theirs though be interested to hear what the fellas who booked it say IF they are about. Very disappointing. Appreciate this is an S10 thread but does anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have the glass back replaced on an S9+? Don't have insurance on the phone though they were keen to repair it on my phone insurance if I had it. Be covered under our household insurance but not claiming for glass repair. Worst case I'll put case back on, forget about the camera and use it till it fails and never ever go back to that phone retailer again. I can't prove it wasn't cracked and they can't prove it was. When it was booked it never said it was cracked but they say it also didn't say it wasn't cracked - I just get a feeling I know how it's going to go.. barstewards :mad:

Associate
So you're absolutely 100% sure it wasn't there, or now that it's been pointed out you're not sure.

I know it wasn't there. Not like you can miss it. I'm sure the two sales guys that examined it would have said something and certainly could not have missed it.. See what the manager has off about it but am not backing down.

I should say it's actually 2 cracks that fork off where the edge of the glass has been chipped, probably from an impact of some sort.

Associate
Well the latest update has screwed my battery life again, now its even worse than the release software. Disappointing.

I haven't been overly impressed with mine, but hopefully the next update will sort it but it's not really ideal.

On another note, is that your ae86?

Back
Top Bottom