**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Fortunately I'm not having any battery issues or anything and waiting on it to solve any issues! But of course it would be nice to get those little improvements a bit quicker.

Is there anything significant in the June update in terms of features? Or just security and bug fixes?

Unsure to be honest, think it may have been the one which improved the Night cam a bit along with security bits.

Associate
Could always make a fuss on social media, companies tend to work things out quicker that way imo. Whenever i've tweeted about issues they always seem to want to resolve them quickly!

Yes, good idea. See what comes back from their head office as complaint now sent. What I don't really get with the manager is that it would have been so easy to offer to repair it. He knew full well their sales reps would not have missed the damage had it been their when I booked it in. It appeared he had discretion to do nothing except direct a customer to complain to their head office and know full well he'd lose a customer that would go round bad mouthing them at every opportunity.

Soldato
Yes, good idea. See what comes back from their head office as complaint now sent. What I don't really get with the manager is that it would have been so easy to offer to repair it. He knew full well their sales reps would not have missed the damage had it been their when I booked it in. It appeared he had discretion to do nothing except direct a customer to complain to their head office and know full well he'd lose a customer that would go round bad mouthing them at every opportunity.

Unfortunately the stores have very little power, the CEO team are generally the best route to go down.

Caporegime
So what kind of life should I be expecting from S10e in terms of SoT? Due to the carry on and waiting to get my number back from O2, today was the first day I wasn't running my phone in dual sim configuration and battery life is still disappointing. Is it normal for the background processes to be using up so much power?

BtJ8dvI.jpg

EDIT: So I was working on a site last two weeks with poor reception where my internet was constantly reconnecting, plus dual SIM configuration so thought that was the reason for poor battery life. Problem seems the same though now that I only have one SIM, looks like LTE battery drain?

6SpJ0MI.jpg

I don't find the battery life that bad. I mean, it is average for sure, but no worse than most other phones that have had an average sized capacity battery.

Here are my figures for the last 31 hours:

Screenshot-20190701-142333-Settings.jpg

That is with mobile data on basically the whole time apart from through the night last night. Everything syncing, hotukdeals notifications hitting my phone every few minutes etc! Still got always on display on as well.

Also involves a good few hours of bluetooth music streaming through 4g.

Still got over 4 hours screen time (lots of it at full brightness in the sun!) and on 11% battery.

Im not too disappointed in that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What i am disappointed in though is the softness of the glass! Only had it a few weeks and caught it at an angle with the sun on it and noticed a couple of micro scratches on it already.

I have literally babied it and kept it in a leather pouch the whole time. I guess some small dust particle or something has got caught in the case or on my finger and scratched it.

I mean they are only scratches you can see with the screen off and at an angle in the bright sunlight but annoying nonetheless.

Perhaps i should have left the screen protector on, but i hate screen protectors and i thought it looked really naff with the whole in it for the camera.... : /

Soldato
Those figures are definitely better than mine, you're also on Three?

My S7 Edge easily covered 5+ hours under same conditions and this is barely breaking 3. I know it has worse battery capacity but supposedly new processors are so much more efficient.

Associate
i too managed a scratch on the front of the device, but hadn't taken off the screen protector luckily. After looking at all the options on Amazon I got to wondering what people here use?

Associate
@Richy888 Why don't you send an email to the CEO as this seems to do the trick more often than not.

Email address for the CEO is

[email protected]

Thanks. I'll give it a day or two for a response and if don't like the direction I'll mail the above.

In the scheme of things it's a piddly little issue but there is a principle. Wouldn't have minded if they just said someone cocked up and we'll sort it. They'd have to remove the rear glass anyway, to access the camera would they not? I think what really pees me off is in the document that came back it says ''We know this is frustrating but if you have insurance we can fix the glass for you or maybe you can get an early upgrade with us.'' Funnily enough I don't have their expensive insurance and I'd rather put a turd in my pocket than a phone from them.

Soldato
Think I'm ready to join the civilised tech folk, much difference between Google Pay and Samsung Pay apart from needing a Samsung phone for the latter?

Associate
Think I'm ready to join the civilised tech folk, much difference between Google Pay and Samsung Pay apart from needing a Samsung phone for the latter?

Not really used either previously but tried to add my card to Samsung Pay and it is invalid for some reason! Unsure if it's a problem with the app or the bank at this point but will probably check android pay to see if that allows it..

Caporegime
Those figures are definitely better than mine, you're also on Three?

My S7 Edge easily covered 5+ hours under same conditions and this is barely breaking 3. I know it has worse battery capacity but supposedly new processors are so much more efficient.

Yes, it is on three. I do have quite good 4g signal at home and work ( i dont know if that makes a difference)?

I don't find the battery that bad. It isn't wonderful, just average.

Caporegime
i too managed a scratch on the front of the device, but hadn't taken off the screen protector luckily. After looking at all the options on Amazon I got to wondering what people here use?

I cant decide what i hate more. Micro scratches or screen protectors :p.

I just think the screen protector looked especially awful on this phone due to the front camera cut out.

Soldato
Yes, it is on three. I do have quite good 4g signal at home and work ( i dont know if that makes a difference)?

I don't find the battery that bad. It isn't wonderful, just average.

I'm tempted to try a sim from a different provider for a few days to see if it's just bad signal from Three that's causing the drain on mobile data.

Associate
I cant decide what i hate more. Micro scratches or screen protectors :p.

I just think the screen protector looked especially awful on this phone due to the front camera cut out.

Yeah i know what you mean, there are SP that have no cutout but i wonder whether this will cause issue with the front facing camera!

Caporegime
there are SP that have no cutout but i wonder whether this will cause issue with the front facing camera!

Yeh, that is what i was worried about.

i think i will just live with the micro scratches. From reading it sounds like the latest Gorilla Glass is prone to this, or that it might just be the oleophobic coating.

You can only see them if you turn the screen off and angle it at exactly the right position under direct sunlight/under a bulb. :p. They aren't scratches you can feel at all.

Associate
Yeh, that is what i was worried about.

i think i will just live with the micro scratches. From reading it sounds like the latest Gorilla Glass is prone to this, or that it might just be the oleophobic coating.

You can only see them if you turn the screen off and angle it at exactly the right position under direct sunlight/under a bulb. :p. They aren't scratches you can feel at all.

Sounds like it's not too problematic then. I think i'll stick with the one scratch thus far on the standard protector until i make up my mind on a decent glass protector, whilst i'm really careful i'm also cackhanded.

Associate
@Richy888 Why don't you send an email to the CEO as this seems to do the trick more often than not.

Email address for the CEO is

[email protected]

Carphone Warehouse support got back to me yesterday and quoted below is the reply - less the sorrys and the regards...

''Having a detailed look into your account I can see that this was done instore and the store. I would need to raise a complaint with the store to have this resolved for you. We as customer support will not be able to do anything at this point. If the store is struggling with a resolution they can contact retail support for some assistance.

Once again I would really like to apologize for any inconvenience and frustration caused by this.

Kindly be advised that I have logged this as an internal complaint on our end aswell. With Reference XXXXXXX. Please be advised that this will only be fedback internally as it is to improve the level of service provided to customers.''

So probably time to try the CEO email address or Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom