**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Got my S10e last week to replace an S8, one thing I've noticed is the fast charge seems to be slower than the S8. I'm using the official charger and it shows fast charge on the screen but charge times seem awfully slow

Soldato
Got my S10e last week to replace an S8, one thing I've noticed is the fast charge seems to be slower than the S8. I'm using the official charger and it shows fast charge on the screen but charge times seem awfully slow
Have you tried an app such as AccuBattery or Ampere just to show actual charging figures/speeds?
Your S10e should charge from 0-100% in roughly 1h20m, give or take 10mins - mine does anyway.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
No it's a genuine Samsung fast charger and cable, tried 3 different ones now and all give the same time to full charge from 50% at about 1hr.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
A little update I've run the battery from 100% to 0% the last two days before doing a full charge to see if the battery calibrates better, on plugging it in at 0% it gives me a fast charge time to full of 1hr 34min which seems bang on for fast charge. What it does seem to do as it gets closer to full it slows the charge down, does this sound about right? I've read that some fast charge devices only fast charge under 80%.

Soldato
A little update I've run the battery from 100% to 0% the last two days before doing a full charge to see if the battery calibrates better, on plugging it in at 0% it gives me a fast charge time to full of 1hr 34min which seems bang on for fast charge. What it does seem to do as it gets closer to full it slows the charge down, does this sound about right? I've read that some fast charge devices only fast charge under 80%.
Yes phones stop fast charging around 80%. It comes with the territory of the technology. Seemingly cramming in the final 10-20% is what stresses the battery the most so it makes sense.
I'm perfectly content knowing it will charge from 0-80% in an hour which will last a day.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but with the July update, you can now scan barcodes and QR codes with the camera app (option in settings). Also if you click on the active wifi network in settings, you get a QR code you can scan with other phones to connect to the same network.

Caporegime
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but with the July update, you can now scan barcodes and QR codes with the camera app (option in settings). Also if you click on the active wifi network in settings, you get a QR code you can scan with other phones to connect to the same network.

God knows why its taken this long to get a QR reader in the camera app.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't know if any other Android OEMs have this feature, do Pixels do it? typically it's Samsung who put stuff like this in then others follow. I imagine others do it now too.

Associate
Anyone else still using the original screen protector? I think it's time to take mine off as it's looking a bit scratched up now. Any recommendations for a replacement?

Back
Top Bottom