**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Caporegime
Even more confused. I just wanted to see how much the S20 would be on the Upgrade Programme with my wife's S10e traded in. The S10e shows up and everything seems fine but the final price is £799 which is the same price it's showing me in a incognito tab without the S10e.

Edit - never mind, working all of a sudden. £549 seems decent and only a few quid more a month than she's paying. Might be too big though :(

Soldato
I have just received my S20 Ultra Case. It's a big boy!!!

https://imgur.com/a/rd7ViUF
IUu6AYdc.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So Samsung's trade-in website does accept my HK S10e, the IMEI is accepted and I can proceed through to payment. I will wait a week or two though as I want to see full camera samples first otherwise I am happy. With the trade-in discount the S20 comes to £552 which is reasonably good for a flagship and I guess next year I'll get half that trade-in for the S21 assuming the width dimensions remain the same...

They will reject it when they get the device unfortunately.

I spoke to them last time about this when I had the S10 5G which was a Korean import and they said although the IMEI is accepted (it's an error on their system) they will not accept any imports for trade in.

Associate
I only pay the tax on it due to ordering it and claiming it back on my work expenses, otherwise it would have been a bit too much tbh

Well that helps I guess, wouldn't change anything for me.

Actually, I'd probably sell it and buy something else if I had that option, I'd rather have the money than an overpriced giant phone. :D

Soldato
Even more confused. I just wanted to see how much the S20 would be on the Upgrade Programme with my wife's S10e traded in. The S10e shows up and everything seems fine but the final price is £799 which is the same price it's showing me in a incognito tab without the S10e.

Edit - never mind, working all of a sudden. £549 seems decent and only a few quid more a month than she's paying. Might be too big though :(

It's basically just 1cm taller than the S10e so doesn't seem that bad. For that you gain almost a 1000mAh on the battery and telephoto lens, as well as that juicy 120Hz screen.

Also since this now does 8k video at 24FPS, any word if 4k60 will now have EIS?

Soldato
Didn't mkbhd mention about the 120hz only being available on lower Res instead of the full 1440p?

All the S20 range are locked to 60hz at 1440p with 120hz available at lower res.

Whether this is a hardware or software limitation has yet to be clarified.

Caporegime
It's basically just 1cm taller than the S10e so doesn't seem that bad. For that you gain almost a 1000mAh on the battery and telephoto lens, as well as that juicy 120Hz screen.

Also since this now does 8k video at 24FPS, any word if 4k60 will now have EIS?
Yeah for me that wouldn't be an issue but my wife is quite settled on the size of the S10e, otherwise for a few quid more a month - it's a no brainer. There's a good chance that gain in battery will be offset by the 120Hz screen, my faith in Exynos powered Samsung phones is a little low after the fairly dismal SoT on my Note 9.

Caporegime
Yeah for me that wouldn't be an issue but my wife is quite settled on the size of the S10e, otherwise for a few quid more a month - it's a no brainer. There's a good chance that gain in battery will be offset by the 120Hz screen, my faith in Exynos powered Samsung phones is a little low after the fairly dismal SoT on my Note 9.

The two big things for me are whether the ultra's camera is much better than the S20+ and how badly hamstrung the Exynos is.

Back
Top Bottom