**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I wonder how iterative the Note 11/20 will be.

Its the cost that worries me . I don't think I would pay the S20 ultra price which I think will be on par with the next Note . I've gone simfree my last 4 Samsung phone but the prices are getting silly now , think I will be going on a biyearly swap not yearly

Associate
Its the cost that worries me . I don't think I would pay the S20 ultra price which I think will be on par with the next Note . I've gone simfree my last 4 Samsung phone but the prices are getting silly now , think I will be going on a biyearly swap not yearly

I've stopped getting yearly swaps a LONG while ago. As whilst the tech was moving fast at each upgrade iteration, it did start to slow down around 2010, but the price was going up even higher and faster each year. So I've gone from Yearly (pre- 2010) upgrades, to 2-3 year waits between each upgrade (and the tech has reached as stage where they can remain relevant for those years in service now). And that thankfully for me, fits in with roughly the 24/36 month offers from phone companies now.

So I'm personally aiming for the S20 Ultra at the moment (as my former upgrade, the Lumia 950 XL, had to be returned, so I'm still rocking my Lumia 920; 7-8 years old now). The Camera, if accurate to what's been rumored (108mpixel + other features), when its released, will be a major selling point for me besides the phone upgrade and being able to use Whatsapp again. I just hope to high heaven that they don't give us the Exynos SOC version and stick to the Snapdragon for us as well.

Associate
Think I may preorder this if it's as good as it is made to be.

Camera for me is the only thing lacking from the Note 10+, especially in low light. I've read up about the 108mp sensor and it does have promise. Also 5000mh battery should be amazing and 120hz screen.

They need to give a good trade in on the Note10+, £550 and I will consider it.

The intention is this will be a keeper for several years until foldable phones are main stream and they've ironed out the bugs. Need to break the cycle of buying new phones every year.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Whats so bad about the Exynos chips? from what I remember, they always do better than the Snapdragon chips in benchmarks so whats the issue?

Associate
@Meddling-Monk unfortunately you're out of luck as Exynos 990 will be used for Europe. If you want the SD865 you will have to import it.

Bah! Humbug!

I'll see what I can wrangle out of my telecoms provider then. Worst comes to the worst, I'll just wrangle a cheap tariff and then go import one. But since I don't need the pre-order "bonus" earbuds, I can wait a tiny bit to see if there are any reports of issues with the Exynos 990 on the S20 Ultra too if the telecoms company can provide me one too.

Associate
Yeah we don't have any direct comparisons between the 2 yet, but I'd say the lack of proper warranty makes it not worth importing anyway.

Soldato
One could hope they'll fix whatever has been plaguing the Exynos battery life on S10 series. Never had an issues with my S7 Edge before getting the S10e.

In the past they have had worse standby and SoTs.

For some like me the fix never worked. Has unfortunately dented my confidence in their SoC going forward so as above, if reports stay the same then would be considering importing one but that comes with its own caveats.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

No it didn't! At least based on the link you've posted... :confused:

Look at the single core results, and before the S10/Note10 the Exynos was ahead on multicore as well.

At least it was on Geekbench 4 anyway, results might be different on Geekbench 5

Associate
Yeah we don't have any direct comparisons between the 2 yet, but I'd say the lack of proper warranty makes it not worth importing anyway.

Technically, as I have a direct relative in HK, I could have them grab me one there, then I just return it over to them for any warranty requirements. But you are right that if I need any immediate servicing it'll be hard over here I guess. But again, lets see the difference between the two first I guess. If it's close enough in performance, and no other important difference (stuck in high power mode, battery killing mode, whatever) then I'll grab the UK version. If not, options available. :)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Cant wait for 2021 onwards where we don't get separate phones for 4G and 5G..

Back
Top Bottom