**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Samsung don't see themselves as a budget option and will continue to match Apple on price (as far as their flagships go). The requirement is presumably to be recognized as a luxury, premium brand in the same way as Apple.
The problem with that is people looked more at apple as being an over priced brand more then a premium brand

People have always looked at Samsung mobile phones as being a premium brand..

Soldato
The problem with that is people looked more at apple as being an over priced brand more then a premium brand

Apple shifts vast numbers of high priced products and I agree with you that they're overpriced. They've pushed the prices too far and too fast, bringing other manufacturers like Samsung with them.

However I have heard reports that in the US at least, many people who would never buy anything other than an Apple believe that the only reason other people buy different brands is because they cant afford an Apple.

Apple are unfortunately in the position to set trends and they pursue revenue aggressively and greedily in a way that Samsung simply doesn't have the clout to match.

Soldato
I agree, Samsung stuff will never give you that premium feel you get when you walk in and look around at an apple store

I'm typing this on a Note 10+ which is imo the most premium feeling phone currently on the market. Like you say, it all falls apart when you walk into a Samsung store and get jumped by fifteen wild-eyed unshaven salesmen who probably hadn't heard of Samsung before they got hired.

Apple stores are a consumer's dream to visit and I cant understand how samsung get theirs so wrong.

Soldato
Does anyone know when the review embargo will be lifted for this lineup? Will it be straight after the unveiling or will we have wait a day or so?
It may be difficult to make a weighed decision on whether to buy the 20 or 20 Plus as I'd wager 90% of the reviews will be for the 20 Ultra only, as per.

Soldato
Screen, less curve, smaller front camera. So preorder starts today and release on 13th march

Free buds+ on 20+ and ultra

I was more saying it's about the 120hz as much as the camera for me :)
Good cameras are a positive, but every top manufacturer strives for a top camera. High refresh screens are ready for the big time.

I don't think I'm tempted by the S20s and will probably wait to see what OP comes up with.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

free buds+ on the higher end models? Wow thats amazing, good on samsung for not doing an apple

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

They would charge if they could, but they don't carry that Apple swag.

tbf the prices of their phones seem to be higher than usual, but throwing in the buds seems to make it more worthwhile. I heard the ultra was £1200-1400

Associate
Not too worried about the price, end of the day Samsung are always doing offers etc, When I bought my Note 10+ 5G you got something like 200quid back for any old android phone (moto G I had in a drawer :D ) and £250 for some sale thing making it about £600 which is cheaper than you could get it in a contract, so I was happy enough. The even sent me a 15% code off afterwords that got me a nice fridge freezer upgrade.

I probably should have waited for S20 but my S8+ had one too many drops. :( I'm not so interested in this, though the camera does interest me, a good 10x zoom would be nice, I am hoping whatever is in here ends up in a nice thin 2nd gen fold, but as a nice touch Samsung also sent me another 15% off for my birthday that doesn't expire until after the s20 launch so who knows :D

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Nice colour

That camera bump man... Just wish the background of it wasn't blacked out and they kind of did what apple did in this regard. Not a fan of the big black blotch like how the pixel one looks.

Aside from that though, it looks very sleek

Soldato
That camera bump man... Just wish the background of it wasn't blacked out and they kind of did what apple did in this regard. Not a fan of the big black blotch like how the pixel one looks.

Aside from that though, it looks very sleek

Note 9 had the camera section same colour as phone and looked nice , just too much black on s20

Back
Top Bottom