**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
G988BXXS2ATD5

Is the latest one.

I had a major issue which was really annoying the hell out of me. Often when I was being called at home, my phone would not ring and the other person would get silence for about 15 seconds then my voicemail.

They would send me a text and ten minutes, sometimes more, I'd get it and call them back.

When I was in the middle of a call, often the line would go completely quiet for 20 seconds, then cut back in, for apparently no reason.

I missed a number of calls from my office due to this issue.

Many things were suggested, wiping the network info, wiping the phone standing on one leg etc. Nothing seemed to work. I was on the verge of sending it back when I read a post about Wifi calling having issues for people. What I discovered was happening was my phone was switching to wifi calling then just stopping working. It would do this during a call which is why it went silent and re-established or sometimes just cut off. It would do when not on a call and this is when it would stop ringing and go to my voicemail. When it switched back to cell tower calls, it would work again. I disabled wifi calling and not had an issue since.

Yeh that’s the firmware I am on.

I love the phone. I just don’t think the battery is as amazing as it should be.

I’m currently at 15% battery. Phone off charge for 14 hours 15 mins with SOT of 3hr 2 mins

not great that now I have analysed it is it?

Caporegime

I’m currently at 15% battery. Phone off charge for 14 hours 15 mins with SOT of 3hr 2 mins

Sounds like my Note 9 - great standby, awful SoT.

Soldato

My 7T Pro has been off the charge for 17 hours with 2 hours SOT and I'm at 61% - also worth bearing in mind I took it off charge at 90%.
That's one thing I don't miss from my Samsung days. Hopefully if and when the Exynos is gone things will improve.

Associate
My 7T Pro has been off the charge for 17 hours with 2 hours SOT and I'm at 61% - also worth bearing in mind I took it off charge at 90%.
That's one thing I don't miss from my Samsung days. Hopefully if and when the Exynos is gone things will improve.

Exynos will never go i do not think but i am pretty sure Samsung will stop using snapdragon. as it seems Samsung has listend and its future chips are a lot better even better than snapdragon.

Soldato
Exynos will never go i do not think but i am pretty sure Samsung will stop using snapdragon. as it seems Samsung has listend and its future chips are a lot better even better than snapdragon.

Samsung love to promise the best. I'll reserve judgment until they actually deliver instead of BS claims. Same goes to all forms of tech.

For now now 3.5hrs screen time over a full charge is poor given the size of these batteries.

Caporegime
I have just come from a Note 9 too. Battery was awful in the end.
Battery is making me think twice on this now.
My Note 9 is one of the worst phones for battery life I have had, the SoT is almost half of what my Note 8 could do. My wife has the S20, I haven't checked her SoTs but the battery seems okay. I have opted to get the battery replaced for now and then get a new phone further down the line but it's unlikely to be a Samsung - I am done with their crappy battery and the Exynos.

Associate
I had a note 9 until I swapped for an s20+

Wish I kept the note 9 tbh. I used to just about get 5 hours screen on time with that, but saying that it was after nearly 2 years ownership, it used to be longer. I won't get that on the s20+ without topping up my battery.

Yes I'm on 120hz screen setting, but this is new and has a 500mah bigger battery.

Writing this currently at 42% battery at 2hrs 20mins screen on time.

One of my rare low use days as being doing jobs around the house lol

Associate
S20+ came today, and so far it is fantastic, screen seems much better and more snapier

Any suggestions for a case? I had a Gear4 before

Spigen Tough Armor is what i used on my note 9 and now on my s20 ultra cant fault it.
EDIT : If your looking for a wallet type case i highly recommend the snakehive leather ones. they are a luxury leather case and quite cheap also.

Caporegime
My S20 Ultra keeps telling me that my Sync is using a large amount of data.

When I look at the syncing, it seems to be related to my gallary. There's the little blue/green samsung circle constantly turning, and nothing happening, so it seems to be having trouble syncing to my onedrive.

It says last synced 3rd May.

Any ideas?

Associate
My S20 Ultra keeps telling me that my Sync is using a large amount of data.

When I look at the syncing, it seems to be related to my gallary. There's the little blue/green samsung circle constantly turning, and nothing happening, so it seems to be having trouble syncing to my onedrive.

It says last synced 3rd May.

Any ideas?

Did you use the samsung switch at all to transfer files ect to your new s20 ? i am betting you did. i used to use the switch but it caused no end of problems and i had to in the end jsut treat each new phone as that a new phone.

Associate
Yes I did...

But I've had this phone since March.

I bet if you reset your phone to factory defaults treat it as a new device you will not have those problems. in my experience on both here and real life that smart switch is nothing but problematic down the line causing odd issues ect.

This is why both myself my friends or family no longer use it.

Well I am at the end of my tether with this "phone" now. It hardly acts as a phone as many calls cannot connect and get my voicemail after about 15 seconds of silence. Wifi calling cuts in and out cutting off calls mid call. Firmware up to date. Has been reset twice. So many things suggested but it's not an isolated issue. There's a number of others on the Samsung forums with this issue yet Samsung want me to send it back, without giving me a loan unit and take it away for repair. I doubt it will do anything and it's caused by rubbish firmware.

This is my last ever Samsung product.

Associate
Well I am at the end of my tether with this "phone" now. It hardly acts as a phone as many calls cannot connect and get my voicemail after about 15 seconds of silence. Wifi calling cuts in and out cutting off calls mid call. Firmware up to date. Has been reset twice. So many things suggested but it's not an isolated issue. There's a number of others on the Samsung forums with this issue yet Samsung want me to send it back, without giving me a loan unit and take it away for repair. I doubt it will do anything and it's caused by rubbish firmware.

This is my last ever Samsung product.
Which model and where did you purchase it from?

Back
Top Bottom