**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I disagree, unless you assume every Samsung buyer paid full RRP. Example: the s10e will recycle for about the same price as the OnePlus 7t Pro and the S10e has been out 8 or 9 months longer and has been available waaay below RRP on many occasions. Also not many recyclers will even buy a OnePlus phone, presumably because they see no value in doing so.
Looking at it from the second hand market those findings just don't match up. I sold my S10e for £330 in November when I changed to the 7T Pro and at the time that was about the market value of that device and that was only 7 months after release. Looking now I can see an S10e for as low as £295 just 1 year from release. I paid £569 for my S10e about a month after the official release so taking that lower figure that's a drop of approx 43% and a 50% drop from RRP. Contrast that with the 7T Pro. Admittedly not a very scientific test but the cheapest 'Buy It Now' I can find on the bay is £559.99. That's just a 20% drop from the RRP of £699 after pretty much the same timeframe as my S10e ownership.

Soldato
I disagree, unless you assume every Samsung buyer paid full RRP. Example: the s10e will recycle for about the same price as the OnePlus 7t Pro and the S10e has been out 8 or 9 months longer and has been available waaay below RRP on many occasions. Also not many recyclers will even buy a OnePlus phone, presumably because they see no value in doing so.

Samsung themselves will give you £60 more for a 7T Pro than they will an S10e, wonder what that says about how they value their own phones. :p

Soldato
Samsung themselves will give you £60 more for a 7T Pro than they will an S10e, wonder what that says about how they value their own phones. :p

It just means they want to target upgrading OP users more than they want to target upgrading s10e owners. Sometimes Samsung offer more for Samsung phones than iPhones. Sometimes they offer a higher trade in for iPhones. It just depends who they're trying to attract at the time.

Associate
Just received another email from a Samsung. First email I got was on Saturday stating I would be receiving my S20 plus on Tuesday however this morning I received another email stating it would arrive today
I ordered the Urban Armor Gear plasma case which will arrive on Thursday so I will only use the phone at home with WiFi until my case comes then I will take it to work and insert the sim but until then I will just set the phone up install apps etc

I now have an S20 Ultra. Loving it!

However, like a n00b, I have already scratched the factory screen protector :p Does anyone have any screen protector recommendations for the Ultra? I have low vision, so I would need to avoid wet application. It also needs to be case friendly as I have a case for it.

Associate
Got mine this morning.

Was a ballache moving so much stuff over from my Note 9 but is cool now.

The screen is really nice and I can't see any camera focus issues, In fact I am super impressed by it and the zoom is great!

Got mine this morning.

Was a ballache moving so much stuff over from my Note 9 but is cool now.

The screen is really nice and I can't see any camera focus issues, In fact I am super impressed by it and the zoom is great!

Should have used smart switch. It's painless.

Associate
Should have used smart switch. It's painless.

I personly hate the smart switch and every single time i have used it it has caused more problems than it is worth. not to mention having to to do a factory reset after, whilst its nice to install contacts and messages and the like. i always do a fresh install now.and countless other people also have had the odd niggle or program or feature not working properly.

Associate
Is anyone else underwhelmed by the 120 Hz screen. I don't know if it's not implemented properly or if apps need to be updated but just doesn't seem like 120. On the very few apps that support 120hz on the ultra they just dont seem as smooth as my sons phone.
He has the Rog Phone 2 and everything is in 120 and the 120 is butter.

I've added the game plugin only one game i've tried (subway surfer, which is not my kind of game) is 120hz. Star Wars GOH runs in 30! 120 on the rog. The Alto games run at 60, chrome isn't even smooth like the samsung browser is.
I only paid £700 for my Ultra so I can cope with it for now but what do you all think of the 120 on the Ultra?

Associate
Is anyone else underwhelmed by the 120 Hz screen. I don't know if it's not implemented properly or if apps need to be updated but just doesn't seem like 120. On the very few apps that support 120hz on the ultra they just dont seem as smooth as my sons phone.
He has the Rog Phone 2 and everything is in 120 and the 120 is butter.

I've added the game plugin only one game i've tried (subway surfer, which is not my kind of game) is 120hz. Star Wars GOH runs in 30! 120 on the rog. The Alto games run at 60, chrome isn't even smooth like the samsung browser is.
I only paid £700 for my Ultra so I can cope with it for now but what do you all think of the 120 on the Ultra?
Where did you get the Ultra for £700? I know Samsung don't use adaptive 120hz I.E. change it up and down depending on what you're doing/view like OnePlus does so in theory if it's enabled then it should be on all the time (hence the battery drain).

Soldato
Where did you get the Ultra for £700? I know Samsung don't use adaptive 120hz I.E. change it up and down depending on what you're doing/view like OnePlus does so in theory if it's enabled then it should be on all the time (hence the battery drain).
OnePlus (8 Pro) phones don't have adaptive refresh, they're fixed at either 60 or 120hz - in the case of 8 or 7T/Pro they're fixed at either 60 or 90hz. They have a setting to adapt the resolution, not refresh rate.

Back
Top Bottom