**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
I was also tempted by the rainforest price of £560ish.

S8+ is getting a little sluggish now and battery could be better. Is it worth the £400 on top upgrade when the battery is that poor what the reports suggest.

Think I'll keep that money aside for somthing else.

I would like 90hz screen as that is the rage now...
Not bothered about 5G
Not bothered about wireless charging.
A very good battery that easily lasts all day with general use.
Somthing that's snappy using your general apps and Internet browsing.
Don't really play any mobile games.
Would like a very good camera. But then I suppose your going into the high end phones then...

Was looking at the oneplus nord but the camera doesn't seem that good.

Maybe my best option is waiting for a oneplus 8 to come down to around £500 or even a one plus 8 Pro to come down to a reasonable £600ish?

What you think guys?

Soldato
I've noticed my Internet is nice and snappy, I always found with my s10 + that the Internet could grind to a halt in Manchester City center, haven't noticed it on my s20 Ultra.

The 5G is fast but only a small area near where I live in media city, was getting 350mbit.

Battery is erm.. terrible indeed, luckily my use it should be fine, I'll need a powerbank for holidays .

This is the first phone where I can have an image on the screen that has the details at the same size as I can see them my self, on previous phones I've had to zoom slightly and loose details

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't believe it there is a crack in the glass over the cameras, it's bottom right corner, I've been careful with this phone i really don't know where its come from :(

It'll hit the value when it comes to trading it in next year.

Associate
Can't believe it there is a crack in the glass over the cameras, it's bottom right corner, I've been careful with this phone i really don't know where its come from :(

It'll hit the value when it comes to trading it in next year.

Exact same on mine, not a mark anywhere else except the camera glass and again I haven’t banged or dropped it. Nightmare

Soldato
Late to the game but needed a new phone and was not going to touch Exynos and didnt want to pay Note 20 prices!

so after much thought i bought a S20+ G9860 Snapdragon model. It arrived today and wow. absolute lovely! its the Taiwan model so has BRI csc out of the box. I used samkey to change the csc to TGY (HK) as that as better support for UK.

i didn't want the S20 Ultra as i wouldn't use the 100x Zoom and its the first time ever i not bought the flagship model. The S20+ is the perfect size for me.

snapdragon model just flies!

Im with Vodafone UK and have Wifi Calling and VoLTE working. There is a slight bug in the Snapdragon model whereby 5G only works in Sim2 so if you want 5G you will have to sacrifice the SD card for now until they fix it. (its all over XDA and reddit)

I bought from a store on ebay who is based in HK but has EU stock, it arrived it in 10 days total inc weekends so not bad at all.

Pics

Caporegime
Could do with a new phone about now as think my GS 8 battery starting to go, hitting point where needing to charge maybe twice a day.

Gs 20 seems like the best upgrade on the market (especially now that it been confirmed to get 3 years of big updates) although refuse to pay more than £500 and ain't touching the exynos version, maybe be something come black friday.....

Back
Top Bottom