**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
Using the HUKD thread if all the different cashback offers pay up nd the 20% off and £350 trade in for my S9+ ive potentially got the S21 ultra for £462 with an option to get some free buds live which could be easily sold for £40+.

Just gutted I ordered the Phantom Titanium. Ive since watched a few YouTube vids and wish i had ordered the Silver.
I can’t seem to get the 20% code to work for me from the HUKD site.

Associate
has anyone who is in the UK and has a galaxy s21 ultra had any of the June updates. from what I have been reading Samsung has pushed out 2 updates so far this month. #samsung was really quick pushing the updates out to the UK now it's back to how it was.

Associate
I recently had a problem with the microphone on my S21 Ultra. Booked a repair by the Samsung site to use the We Fix sevice where they come to your house or work. You select online what is wrong and go from there, it doesn't give you microphone as an option so I select earpiece/speaker and as requested fill in the additional notes explaining that people either can't hear me well or not at all. First visit, engineer does not a lot except says delete various apps which are crashing including my ESET antivirus, Vodafone account app and a few others as I also said it was getting hot and rebooting. I removed a couple of unused apps but not ESET or Vodafone and the phone has been OK and no reboots since. He rebooked a visit to replace the charger socket as the mic on that PCB, replace earpiece and reflash the phone. Next visit cancelled as parts not arrived, booked again and the guy arrives Tuesday morning. I hand him my pristine S21 Ultra in the Spigen case which he takes off at the door and takes with the phone to the van.

About an hour later, he says all fixed, reflashed and now the mic audio level is fine. I noticed my screen now has 6 or 10-15mm marks on it and even though I've contacted them by email, sent photos etc they say that they can't do anything and in the T&C's it says they are not responsible for any damage to or loss of any SIM card, memory card, case or screen protector or other accessory that you have failed to remove from your device.

So, they are telling you to remove the factory fitted screen protection that is fitted to prevent screen damage and whatever they do to it then it's your problem.

Is it likely just protector damage or ? I do have a local Samsung store but thought the We fix service would be better working from home and easier.

What's your thoughts? How do I add photos to this?

Associate
I recently had a problem with the microphone on my S21 Ultra. Booked a repair by the Samsung site to use the We Fix sevice where they come to your house or work. You select online what is wrong and go from there, it doesn't give you microphone as an option so I select earpiece/speaker and as requested fill in the additional notes explaining that people either can't hear me well or not at all. First visit, engineer does not a lot except says delete various apps which are crashing including my ESET antivirus, Vodafone account app and a few others as I also said it was getting hot and rebooting. I removed a couple of unused apps but not ESET or Vodafone and the phone has been OK and no reboots since. He rebooked a visit to replace the charger socket as the mic on that PCB, replace earpiece and reflash the phone. Next visit cancelled as parts not arrived, booked again and the guy arrives Tuesday morning. I hand him my pristine S21 Ultra in the Spigen case which he takes off at the door and takes with the phone to the van.

About an hour later, he says all fixed, reflashed and now the mic audio level is fine. I noticed my screen now has 6 or 10-15mm marks on it and even though I've contacted them by email, sent photos etc they say that they can't do anything and in the T&C's it says they are not responsible for any damage to or loss of any SIM card, memory card, case or screen protector or other accessory that you have failed to remove from your device.

So, they are telling you to remove the factory fitted screen protection that is fitted to prevent screen damage and whatever they do to it then it's your problem.

Is it likely just protector damage or ? I do have a local Samsung store but thought the We fix service would be better working from home and easier.

What's your thoughts? How do I add photos to this?

I am sorry this has happened to you. i baby my phones my kids always laugh at me I do not even like fingerprints on my screen or case. if that happened to me i would kick off.
I would try and ring Samsung or Vodaphone tbh. but i think it could be one of those things you against them. you should still try. i am sure there are more qualified people in this thread than I am. but I am sure it should not come back in a worse state than it left you. As i said the problem will be prooving it. Good luck.
EDIT: Thinking about this, it should be in the warranty period still. try under that, but alas they might try and send you a replacement ?.

When I have sent phones off previously because of a warranty claim and had a near as new sent to me I don't like having them and sell them. to me it's like having your car stolen. and you get it back, it's never the same after.

Associate
I am sorry this has happened to you. i baby my phones my kids always laugh at me I do not even like fingerprints on my screen or case. if that happened to me i would kick off.
I would try and ring Samsung or Vodaphone tbh. but i think it could be one of those things you against them. you should still try. i am sure there are more qualified people in this thread than I am. but I am sure it should not come back in a worse state than it left you. As i said the problem will be prooving it. Good luck.
EDIT: Thinking about this, it should be in the warranty period still. try under that, but alas they might try and send you a replacement ?.

When I have sent phones off previously because of a warranty claim and had a near as new sent to me I don't like having them and sell them. to me it's like having your car stolen. and you get it back, it's never the same after.

I had a Zoom meeting with Samsung team yesterday afternoon and the guy said that they would replace the screen under warranty if it had been damaged and wasn't just the screen protector. So I had to remove it during the Zoom call and found that the screen is OK but of course the protector is now junk and my phone currently doesn't have anything protecting the screen and they can't provide one, only if a new screen was required due to damage done by We Fix. He said that he'd heard of similar incidents and bad things involving them but then tried to backtrack but too late.

So my choices are now purchase a protector of some description and fit it myself or use it without. I do have it in a Spigen Tough Armour case and also put it inside a padded pouch to avoid any screen damage, hence why I was not happy putting it politely finding what they had done. Just imagine what damage they may of caused if I'd removed the factory protection as they say you should. All I can say is DON'T think of using the Samsung mobile repair service which is 3rd party company - We Fix. Seems they can damage your phone and can just drive away and say tough we ain't going to care or cover anything.

Caporegime
I had a Zoom meeting with Samsung team yesterday afternoon and the guy said that they would replace the screen under warranty if it had been damaged and wasn't just the screen protector. So I had to remove it during the Zoom call and found that the screen is OK but of course the protector is now junk and my phone currently doesn't have anything protecting the screen and they can't provide one, only if a new screen was required due to damage done by We Fix. He said that he'd heard of similar incidents and bad things involving them but then tried to backtrack but too late.

So my choices are now purchase a protector of some description and fit it myself or use it without. I do have it in a Spigen Tough Armour case and also put it inside a padded pouch to avoid any screen damage, hence why I was not happy putting it politely finding what they had done. Just imagine what damage they may of caused if I'd removed the factory protection as they say you should. All I can say is DON'T think of using the Samsung mobile repair service which is 3rd party company - We Fix. Seems they can damage your phone and can just drive away and say tough we ain't going to care or cover anything.

Honestly I'd have just put a new screen protector on and not have had all this stress if that's the only issue after the repair. These TPU screen protectors only have a few months lifespan anyway.

Soldato
I was on the wrong end of Samsung's "Customer Service" at the end of last year with a S20 FE 5g that I purchased - direct from them as well. Just a constant cycle of blagging their way out of a return/replace and inisting on a repair even though the initial repair did not fix the issue.
I could expect that level of hassle from a smaller company with no UK base but I expected much better from Samsung.
Needless to say bad taste left and I won't be buying another Samsung product again if I can help it.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good 'grippy' case for the s21u? I have the official Samsung leather case but can be a bit slippy at times.

I had a Patchworks case for my previous s9+ and it was like glu, best case ever. Shame Patchwork dont do a similar one for the s21u.

Ive looked at loads on Amazon but evey one has a few negative reviews regarding grip.

Associate
Hi All,

Don't post that often but wanted to post some advice on improvements you can make to the S21 and Ultra, I have the S21 Ultra but recently purchased the S21 as I wanted something smaller.

Was pleasantly surprised how good the standard S21 is, great battery life and photos along with the form factor.

Anyway, I was getting annoyed with a number of things on the S21 and was close to selling it. I then took about researching some of the settings and the phone is fantastic, managed all of this without root.

1. Anything not used often put into Deep Sleep (battery settings), this also limits abuse by some apps with background activity facebook who collect various system information and all sorts of other data to used for analysis etc
  2. Turned off 5g and 4K resolution (Biggest battery hogs) but left at Adaptive refresh
  3. Turn off "Improved accuracy" in location settings (will only drain your battery and gather more info to send to google etc)
  4. Stopped using Chrome as it a battery hog plus a privacy / advertising nightmare - Found Brave which is fantastic, chromium based and a lot faster and stops most ads. You will be shocked how many trackers, ads and non essential cookies are used. Tweak Brave and it's awesome, I now use it on all my personal and work phones/laptops and synch settings between them. Set as default and disabled Chrome
  5. Debloat - Remove a lot of the Samsung rubbish that slows down your phone using ADB (Doesn't require root) https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/what-to-debloat-from-adb-s21-ultra.4222547/ - Only debloat what you don't need, some are overkill
  6. Switched my launcher to a new one called Niagara launcher - So nice to use and a lot cleaner and less resource intensive the OneUI
  7. The display was driving me crazy - Natural was a bland mess of Grey, Vivid as too bright. Once again with ADB you can change the display to use Android defaults . Adobe Photo is perfect for me.https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/color-saturation-accuracy.4191115/#post-84400787

Doesn't take long to do but this is a different phone for both performance and battery (Accubattery is stating 8 - 10 SOT), will report back in a few days once it's bedded in more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good 'grippy' case for the s21u? I have the official Samsung leather case but can be a bit slippy at times.

I had a Patchworks case for my previous s9+ and it was like glu, best case ever. Shame Patchwork dont do a similar one for the s21u.

Ive looked at loads on Amazon but evey one has a few negative reviews regarding grip.

I have a 'caseology' case, ses quite grippy, but I tend to put my little finger under the bottom anyway.

Associate
Hummm - I'm reading that Samsung have now released 3 updates for the S21 this month - yet I'm still on the May Security Update build.

I just noticed in my news feed Samsung has released yet another firmware, but this is supposed to be a major new release. fixing some camera focusing problems and overheating problems. does that now make 4 firmware updates?.

I am still on the may one lol.

Back
Top Bottom