**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Had the s21 ultra for a month now came from a oneplus 8 pro.

It's a great phone, camera is a massive upgrade along with screen and sound.
One thing it's not as smooth. I use swipe gestures and get the odd stutter here and there. I wouldn't expect it with the price of the phone. My OP8 Pro was still smooth after 1 year, so I hope they can fix this.

Soldato
Any reason it took a month? Did you order one of the custom colours?
I ordered mine at 2:33pm on Wednesday and it was delivered by 9:30am the next day.

I was going to get the custom blue colour, was saying 4weeks delivery.
So I ordered the black one, got it next day and put on a blue cover.

Soldato
Any reason it took a month? Did you order one of the custom colours?
I ordered mine at 2:33pm on Wednesday and it was delivered by 9:30am the next day.

Yes, stupidly ordered the grey, didn't realise the black would be next day delivery and the grey was a month!!

Soldato
So phone (S21 Ultra) arrived, great. Using an EE sim I'd ported my previous number to in my old S10 as an interim. Sat on my sofa the S21 with new Vodafone sim in I get 3Mbps (4G) d/l, on the EE payg sim in my S10 I get >250Mbps (4G+).

Vodafone doesn't have 5G in Notts - why didn't I check this!! I'm a numpty!!

So unless I'm missing something fundamental that's giving me such slow speeds on Vodafone (coverage checker suggests good indoors and out). What're the chances of returning the phone and cancelling to go with EE now that I've opened the box and used it?

Soldato
Just got my girlfriend S21 for £269 after a OnePlus Nord trade in offer, and cash back.

She’s only had the phone a year but it has been endless issues software wise, OnePlus have really dropped the ball with it all. Their stuff used to be fantastic.

Anyhow, which screen protector is worth having for the S21? Seems like some have issues with the ultrasonic sensor.

Soldato
Just got my girlfriend S21 for £269 after a OnePlus Nord trade in offer, and cash back.

She’s only had the phone a year but it has been endless issues software wise, OnePlus have really dropped the ball with it all. Their stuff used to be fantastic.

Anyhow, which screen protector is worth having for the S21? Seems like some have issues with the ultrasonic sensor.

There's a factory fitted protector already on it, well at least on mine anyway so I havent bothered.

Caporegime
Must say, it just goes to show how much phones have stagnated over the last few years now, whilst the gs 21 is a lovely phone overall, aside from the screen refresh rate and camera "features", it really isn't that much better than the gs8.... Also, it feels considerably less premium too.

It's nice to be getting the latest software updates again though!

Associate
Anyone received cashback from Samsung yet? I am at day 25 now since the purchase of a s21 with no payment made as of yet.

Guess I'll see by day 30

Caporegime
Anyone received cashback from Samsung yet? I am at day 25 now since the purchase of a s21 with no payment made as of yet.

Guess I'll see by day 30

Nothing yet but only 5 days since I done it.

With regards to this trade in program, when did people receive their box to ship back the old phone?

Still waiting on my box to arrive and the gs 21 arrived on Tuesday.

Associate

Guess I'll see by day 30

I had an email from samsung today "
Thank you for taking part in our promotion.

Unfortunately, it's taking a little longer than expected to process your payment. Don't worry, we're working hard to resolve the issue and will have your cashback reward sent out to you as soon as possible.

As soon as your payment has been processed, we'll let you know by email. Thank you for your patience!"

Back
Top Bottom