**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Thanks I may replace it in the future but not in a rush now. Absolutely loving the phone, not a clue about half the things the s pen can do but we'll see.

Soldato
Anyone lost the ability to turn the camera shutter sound on and off?
Mine just makes an annoying beep now, rather than a shutter Josie and I can't even turn that off, it's not in the menu anymore?

Associate
Managed to get a decent deal on an S21 Ultra earlier today. Looking forward to having a zoom lens on my phone as that's the one thing that's always been missing. Other than that I suspect it'll be more or less the same as my S10 but I'll be paying 80p more per month for the privilege :p

This might also be the first phone I buy a case for in a long time. Hate using them but I'm sure 8 years of no cases is probably pushing my luck a bit. I'll read back through the thread now but if there is a go to case anyone would recommend feel free to point me in the right direction. Cheers!

Soldato
Spigen cases have never failed me and having gone from S10+ myself to a phone with 120Hzs screen (Sony Xperia 5 II), that was by far the biggest difference I felt and hard to go back to regular panels now.

Associate
Was that the USWITCH misprice deal where they forget to include the £300 up front cost? I was wavering on that meself, but I want a black 256gb phone. Plus I'm reluctant to go back on contract.
Yes it was but unfortunately looks like I jumped on it too late. Think I'll try and get a monthly SIM and keep costs down instead.

Soldato
S21 Ultra was just over £600 last night in "Like New" condition on Amazon Warehouse, was very tempted, but can't quite justify a new handset right now.

Still very much looking forward to Pixel 6 and will just see which one has a better deal come Black Friday in November.

Soldato
Still very much looking forward to Pixel 6 and will just see which one has a better deal come Black Friday in November.

I was waiting for the Pixel 6 until I bought a GW 4 which means I’ll have to buy an S21 Ultra (or any Samsung of course) to use all the features of the watch.

I also like the idea of 10x optical zoom and also Samsung’s one handed mode is amazing, and I really appreciate being able to swipe down UI elements in OneUI. I’ve seen the Android 12 one handed mode and it’s the same as the one in iOS, which is clunky.

Soldato
I was waiting for the Pixel 6 until I bought a GW 4 which means I’ll have to buy an S21 Ultra (or any Samsung of course) to use all the features of the watch.

I also like the idea of 10x optical zoom and also Samsung’s one handed mode is amazing, and I really appreciate being able to swipe down UI elements in OneUI. I’ve seen the Android 12 one handed mode and it’s the same as the one in iOS, which is clunky.

It looked like the phone for me to upgrade from my S10+ but I unexpectedly got a very good deal on Xperia 5 II and to be honest, while it's very fast, I'm just not getting along with the handset too well day to day and actually miss quite a few small things from Samsung.

Guess they got me well and good from using mostly their phones over the years, but Pixel 6 does look like a no compromise handset this year so may as well wait to see what that's like, as well as a good deal as I'm not in a rush to upgrade now paying £10 a month on SIM only :D

Associate
Does anyone else use the Samsung gallery/onedrive cloud backup integration?

For some reason I have noticed videos no longer get uploaded to my onedrive account on my note 20?

Pictures still get uploaded automatically. It's got me scratching my head a little!

Associate
Does anyone else use the Samsung gallery/onedrive cloud backup integration?

For some reason I have noticed videos no longer get uploaded to my onedrive account on my note 20?

Pictures still get uploaded automatically. It's got me scratching my head a little!

Have you added an SD card or anything? I have a feeling you have to pick which folders are backed up and saving to SD means a separate folder to the default one. Also if you use the higher quality video settings it has to save to the built in memory so again can lead to videos ending up in a different place to the photos. Hope that helps!

Associate
Have you added an SD card or anything? I have a feeling you have to pick which folders are backed up and saving to SD means a separate folder to the default one. Also if you use the higher quality video settings it has to save to the built in memory so again can lead to videos ending up in a different place to the photos. Hope that helps!

We do have sd cards. However the camera applications are all set to save to internal storage only.

Have checked two example files, one picture and one video. Both are saved to

Internal storage/DCIM/Camera

Directories. :(

Back
Top Bottom