**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
Getting a bit annoyed. I can't claim these buds pro/smart tag yet because Three hasn't sent me proof of purchase. I've been on online chat 3 times and each time they said wait an hour and you'll receive the email, but each time it's not went through.. been like 40 hours since I first asked.

Associate
Getting a bit annoyed. I can't claim these buds pro/smart tag yet because Three hasn't sent me proof of purchase. I've been on online chat 3 times and each time they said wait an hour and you'll receive the email, but each time it's not went through.. been like 40 hours since I first asked.

Did you not get an invoice in the package your phone was delivered in? that is what i used and a screenshot of the delivery confirmation from my carrier, which is EE.

EDIT: I also learned a long time ago to always stay either on the phone or in the chat to make sure i receive emails or texts i have asked for then i finish the conversation once i have received it and have read it.

Associate
The invoice of the package says the order date was 7/10/2021, I got the phone 8/10/2021 (I ordered on the 28th Sep though). The promo was from 1st Sep to 30th Sep, so this invoice is absolutely useless. I need proof that I started the upgrade/contract on the 28th.

Associate
The invoice of the package says the order date was 7/10/2021, I got the phone 8/10/2021 (I ordered on the 28th Sep though). The promo was from 1st Sep to 30th Sep, so this invoice is absolutely useless. I need proof that I started the upgrade/contract on the 28th.

Ok did they not send you at least an email confirming your order when you placed it ?.

I know this happened to my wife (who is also on EE) when she ordered her Samsung galaxy s20+ which came with a free watch.In the end, ee themselves honored the deal and sent out the freebie. i think it was a watch at the time.

At the end of the day, it looks like someone when you ordered your new phone, messed it up. So they are responsible. which is what EE said to my wife. funny enough the exact same thing happened with her. The only problem for though, she had to end up canceling her order send back the phone, and re order it. As i remember they sent out the free watch and also gave her the first month free and expedited dpd the next day before xx time. this was a Friday . she also had a few other things i cant remember now but she mainly wanted the free watch to replace her old one.

Soldato
As someone who's used the 3.5mm jack heavily on previous S10 and earlier models, what's it like switching to USB-C for headphones?

I'm worried it will continuously fall out, or if carried in a pocket will stand a high chance of damaging the socket.

Any thoughts on using headphones safely with USB-C appreciated!

Associate
As someone who's used the 3.5mm jack heavily on previous S10 and earlier models, what's it like switching to USB-C for headphones?

I'm worried it will continuously fall out, or if carried in a pocket will stand a high chance of damaging the socket.

Works fine till you switch to Bluetooth.

There's a lot of purchase in the s21 ultra USBc port.

Associate

You should look into getting this "EarStudio ES100 MK2"
24bit Portable High-Resolution Bluetooth Receiver/USB DAC/Headphone Amp with LDAC, aptX HD, aptX, AAC (3.5mm unbalanced & 2.5mm balanced output)

Associate
Well, tbh i hear a lot of people having a go about Samsung customer support, but the ear issue i had with the buds pro. all i can say is i am very happy with the final outcome.
They have paid the rrp of the buds pro(the rrp they sell on their site) the Spigen case i bought and the memory foam tips.
once they have been inspected. which takes 24-48 hours. you will get an email. and a phone call from Samsung.
Saying that they have tested them and found nothing wrong with them, but as a gesture of goodwill, they will pay the rrp for them.
They will then ask you to provide proof of purchase. if like me you had them free you just have to provide screenshots/email of Samsung for the promo. i sent a screenshot of the confirmation of the shipment. for the promo. clearly showing the claim number. and ofc the invoice for the case and ear tips i bought from the rain forest.
Once you have done that, they then send another email with the offer. this is a pdf file you have to sign and date. once you have done that. they then again email you and phone you to tell you how to use the phone number to enter your bank details.
When i sent mine of for inspection i made sure they were fully charged, made sure they were nice and clean. sent no tips or charging cable.
Like me, if you bought a case for them. make sure you tell them and if you bought memory foam tips.
Yup, Samsung came back saying the buds had been tested, nothing unusual was found and offered me 190 refund for them.

Associate
Android 12, One UI 4 beta has started rolling out officially through Samsung members, anyone signing up or tried this yet?
I'm on a S21 Ultra.

I've just been catching up on this thread and after seeing this thought I'd try the Samsung Members App and I've just enrolled and have the Beta downloading at this very time. Any one else got any experiences?

Associate
Running it now and whilst there haven't been any issues, I'm not sure what's changed either. I'm not exactly a power user though. :cry:

Associate
Since installing the beta Google pay won't work. Which is annoying because I use my phone to pay for stuff all the time.

Last edited:
Associate
Since installing the beta Google pay won't work. Which is annoying because I use my phone to pay for stuff all the time.

It won't as it a beta and not certified for Google Pay, when it gets to the final version or GA it will start working again.

I had this happen to me but remembered this from last time, forgotten what it's like to use a card

Associate
My son is using the beta on his S21 and he's set up Samsung Pay. So I'll probably use that whilst I wait for an official release.

Back
Top Bottom