**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
I've ordered a S21. Does anyone use this Anker charger at all.
Anker Atom III (No longer available to buy, but here's the Amazon link for the details).
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerIQ-Delivery-Charger-PowerPort/dp/B07ST9VMJ2
Specs: Total Wattage: 60W; Input: 100 - 240V ~ 1.8A 50 - 60Hz; Output: 5V ⎓ 2.4A / 9V ⎓ 3A / 15V ⎓ 3A / 20V ⎓ 3A

Obviously it's not PPS compatible, but I'd like to know if possible, how long it would take to charge the S21, when compared to a 25w PPS charger?
Is it worth buying another charger or will this do, for the time difference I'd gain/loss?
If it's not I know which I'll be buying.

Thank you.

Soldato
I've ordered a S21. Does anyone use this Anker charger at all.
Anker Atom III (No longer available to buy, but here's the Amazon link for the details).
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerIQ-Delivery-Charger-PowerPort/dp/B07ST9VMJ2
Specs: Total Wattage: 60W; Input: 100 - 240V ~ 1.8A 50 - 60Hz; Output: 5V ⎓ 2.4A / 9V ⎓ 3A / 15V ⎓ 3A / 20V ⎓ 3A

Obviously it's not PPS compatible, but I'd like to know if possible, how long it would take to charge the S21, when compared to a 25w PPS charger?
Is it worth buying another charger or will this do, for the time difference I'd gain/loss?
If it's not I know which I'll be buying.

Thank you.

A 25w pps would probably charge the S21 to 50% in 25 to 30 mins. Your anker will do 18w and 50% would take 5 to 10 mins longer.

Not a massive difference but if you want the fastest get the pps.

Associate
A 25w pps would probably charge the S21 to 50% in 25 to 30 mins. Your anker will do 18w and 50% would take 5 to 10 mins longer.

Not a massive difference but if you want the fastest get the pps.

I bought the
Anker Nano II 65W GaN II PPS Fast Charger Adapter, Compact Charger and the Anker PowerLine III Flow, USB C to USB C Cable 100w, USB 2.0 Type C Charging Cable to go with it. At £70 yes iut was a lot of money. but i look at it as an investment. and i bought it to charge my tablet. tab s7+ which does super-fast charging. and use it from time to time to charge my s21 ultra. but mainly i use a Anker Wireless Charger with Power Adapter, PowerWave II Stand to charge my s21 ultra.

Tbh i am a massive fan of Anker products bar their powerbanks. still, for some reason, they do not charge Samsung phones at max speed.

Soldato
I finally bit the bullet and down graded back to the last version of Android 11 One UI 3. Followed a YouTube guide and it was easy, and did a backup restore from smart switch.

11 Is faster, and UI 3 is much more polished than 4.
Gone are the chunky volume and screen brightness bars, the annoying 'sticky rotate key, the bouncy scrolling, etc.
I'll come back to 12 UI 4 probably at a later date when it's matured a bit.

Soldato
Soldato
It's easier. Last time I tried to use Samsung Pay, none of my cards were supported.

I'm aware you can get around this using some other service or something.... But why bother when Google Pay just works?

Soldato
I've never used it, I don't think it supported Tesco CC when I tried. Ive never looked at the differences.
I used Samsung pay, but it didn't support Tesco CC either, so use Curve on Samsung pay and put the Tesco card on Curve. Faffy, but once setup it works fine.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Just updated this and lost Google pay, now saying phone doesn't meet security requirements? anyone have any ideas?

Mine just seems to have fixed itself, I haven't noticed any updates.

Why use Google pay over Samsung pay?

Found it much easier when Samsung Pay was first released, needing to unlock the screen every payment was a faff! Can't say I've tried it in the last 4years though so may have improved.

Associate
I've just found some cool lock screen videos, which at the time of writing are free. If you're into that sort of thing.
Open up your Themes app and search for "Double Smoke Gorgeous" in the Wallpapers section, as an example.
Or direct phone link: http://apps.samsung.com/theme/Produ...darksmokedoublegorgeous.common.wallpapervideo
If you click on the author's link "Tianjin joyfun....." you'll see more free ones when scrolling down the page.

I've affiliation with the author or even Samsung ;)
If anyone knows how to make the lock screen time out last longer, please let me know.

Soldato
Cant argue with free, but its a bit too 'rainbow' for my liking, I'm sure the 12yr olds will like it :D

I use this one as a live background on home & lockscreen, from many years ago, has a few different coloured presets, but also allows you to use any mix of custom colours. Nothing fancy but looks good enough.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.formisk.aliquidcloud.full&hl=en-GB

Video is a bit rough but you get the idea, and looks great on the S21Ultra.

Back
Top Bottom