**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
Cant argue with free, but its a bit too 'rainbow' for my liking, I'm sure the 12yr olds will like it :D

I use this one as a live background on home & lockscreen, from many years ago, has a few different coloured presets, but also allows you to use any mix of custom colours. Nothing fancy but looks good enough.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.formisk.aliquidcloud.full&hl=en-GB

Video is a bit rough but you get the idea, and looks great on the S21Ultra.

That's not too bad. But it's a bit too "cloudy" for my liking. I'm sure the 13yr olds will like it :D

Associate
I just made my own animated ones with pixamotion app, easy enough to drag and choose preset animations of what you want to do.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-1.gif

It's originally an mp4 file at the screen native res but gif conversion plus uploading kinda wrecked the quality

Last edited:
Associate
I just made my own animated ones with pixamotion app, easy enough to drag and choose preset animations of what you want to do.

It's originally an mp4 file at the screen native res but gif conversion plus uploading kinda wrecked the quality
Very cool, sir.

Question about streaming content from phone to TVs via Smart View.
I've recorded a bike ride in 4K using a GoPro. Then put the card in a card reader and connected it to the phone via OTG cable.
Whichever player I use (MX Player, VLC or Samsung's own) to footage looks sh..... not very good, more like 480p on any TV.
Is that normal?
I've not tried streaming anything 4k content directly from the phone, just via card reader. Card reader to PC looks like it should.
Thanks.

Associate
might just be compression when using smart view. I can't seem to get a video or image to look as clean as it does on the phone either and does appear more grainy on the TV.

Soldato
Anyone got this message but instead "Facebook services keeps stopping"

Don't have Facebook or want Facebook, was getting one about Facebook App Manager but stopped that by disabling it in Apps, but there is no app called "Facebook Services"

mZJ3r3Z.jpg

Soldato
I finally got one, S21+ version.

But not making it easier. No charger included. But I thought, oh I can use my old slow charging cable from my S4, only to find out its not got a USB C connecter on.

So bit the bullet and bought the official Samsung charger, and also a cable for when I'm not near a power socket.

Soldato
Enjoy your new phone, and I suppose a tenner for a Samsung fast charger isn't the end of the world. Just make sure you get a genuine one, the first one I bought from Amazon was a Chinese fake in a zip bag, it went straight back for a refund. The official one comes in a little Samsung box.

Soldato
Enjoy your new phone, and I suppose a tenner for a Samsung fast charger isn't the end of the world. Just make sure you get a genuine one, the first one I bought from Amazon was a Chinese fake in a zip bag, it went straight back for a refund. The official one comes in a little Samsung box.

I looked on Amazon too and noticed the Chinese versions.

I decided to go to the Samsung website and buy direct from them. They did next day delivery. I'm surprised it arrived before the usb cable I ordered from a place called MyMemory.

Soldato
No idea how I missed this, as I've not heard about it any where. But Samsung have a charging limiter option in the battery settings.
You can limit the charge just like on the Xperia phones, to protect the life span of the battery.
It isn't customisable, just a 85% toggle, but it's a start.

Great idea, and nice to see it on a Samsung device.

Soldato
Xperia used to charge 80% then around 1hr before my alarm, it would start to charge to 100%

When I bought the Samsung I thought this would be standard, good to see there's something now.

Soldato
Can no longer open any links in Instagram or Facebook apps

Links in stories, Instagram bios, Facebook posts and comments - just nothing happens when clicking

Any ideas?

Soldato
Hi guys. I've had an s21 plus for a year or so and the battery life has always been poor. I know everyone's useage is different, but my last phone a HTC u11 seemed to last much longer. I've tried turning off the 120hz option and it literally doubles the battery life which I don't understand as the screen isn't on all the time. I don't use my phone that much either, maybe 3 hours a day use. I leave Bluetooth on all the time and normally WiFi too. Any thoughts?

Caporegime
Hi guys. I've had an s21 plus for a year or so and the battery life has always been poor. I know everyone's useage is different, but my last phone a HTC u11 seemed to last much longer. I've tried turning off the 120hz option and it literally doubles the battery life which I don't understand as the screen isn't on all the time. I don't use my phone that much either, maybe 3 hours a day use. I leave Bluetooth on all the time and normally WiFi too. Any thoughts?

Have you checked in the battery section which apps are burning through your battery? Just tried dropping back to 60hz and it looks pretty bad.

Back
Top Bottom