**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Yeah, using that lens a lot more than I thought I would.

Liking the phone a lot but do miss the stylus a bit from the Note and does look like my main cam focus issue us getting worse, dreaded trip to the Samsung store it is I think.

Soldato
Well Samsung sent a van to do a doorstep repair on the camera, apparently he found more problems apart from the camera module and doesn't have the parts so didn't replace anything today after over an hour with the phone.

Will come back next week to do everything again which is annoying seeing how he said it's apparently Samsung policy to reset phone regardless of what's getting replaced. Factory reset it today and will do it again next week, all this reminding what a mess it is still in this day and age to restore Android phones.

Soldato
Samsung has been compromised and data has been stolen. Just got an email.

The hack is US based according to the news so its interesting that you've been notified. Are you in the UK or EU?
If you are it means your data has been moved across the pond potentially without you knowing and which could mean a breach of GDPR rules as well.

I've not been notified either fyi.

Associate
I'm UK based, but received this from Samsung

Dear Valued Customer,

At Samsung, security is a top priority. We are reaching out to inform you that Samsung recently discovered a cybersecurity incident that affected some of your information.

In late July 2022, an unauthorized third party acquired information from some of Samsung's U.S. systems. On or around August 4, 2022, we determined through our ongoing investigation that personal information of certain customers was affected.

We have taken actions to secure the affected systems, and have engaged a leading outside cybersecurity firm and are coordinating with law enforcement. We want to assure our customers that the issue did not impact Social Security numbers or credit and debit card numbers, but in some cases, may have affected information such as name, contact and demographic information, date of birth, and product registration information. The information affected for each relevant customer may vary.

At Samsung, we value the trust our customers place in our products and services ‑ trust that we have built up over many years. By working with industry ‑ leading experts, we will further enhance the security of our systems ‑ and your personal information ‑ and work to maintain the trust you have put into the Samsung brand for more than 40 years.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause you and appreciate your trust in us. We have set up an FAQ page on our website for additional questions and answers along with recommended actions.

If you'd like to check your credit report, you are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually from each of the three major nationwide credit reporting agencies. More information can be found below.

If you have any questions regarding this issue, please visit our website at www.samsung.com/us/support/securityresponsecenter.

Soldato
Having an odd issue with WhatsApp, all videos sent are compressed horribly to looking like something out of a phone from 10 years ago.

I have the photos set to best quality already (no issues with those anyway), is there some weird setting I'm missing?

Soldato
Having an odd issue with WhatsApp, all videos sent are compressed horribly to looking like something out of a phone from 10 years ago.

I have the photos set to best quality already (no issues with those anyway), is there some weird setting I'm missing?
Are you sending 30fps video or 60?

Last edited:
Soldato
Had doorstop warranty repair on my camera last month and guy did mention that they had an email from Samsung about some cable that runs from the port to the battery that they are advised to replace.

Asked me if I wanted that done while he was doing the camera and said sure, although can't say I had any issues with charging. Can't really be more specific I'm afraid wasn't really paying attention and didn't get any paperwork with the repair or email, but might be worth getting in touch with Samsung.

Soldato
Had doorstop warranty repair on my camera last month and guy did mention that they had an email from Samsung about some cable that runs from the port to the battery that they are advised to replace.

Asked me if I wanted that done while he was doing the camera and said sure, although can't say I had any issues with charging. Can't really be more specific I'm afraid wasn't really paying attention and didn't get any paperwork with the repair or email, but might be worth getting in touch with Samsung.
Will have a look up into this just worried they might charge me so might milk cpw while they are offering the extra trade in atm

Soldato
I mean if there's no physical damage to the port or water damage then they probably have to repair it under warranty, might be worth popping into the store if there's one nearby.

Soldato
I mean if there's no physical damage to the port or water damage then they probably have to repair it under warranty, might be worth popping into the store if there's one nearby.
Hmmm I've dropped it in water a couple times they have water stickers that tell them inside right :( did the technician just fix it right away when he turned up?

Soldato
I've used mine in water deliberately quite a few times and tech mentioned nothing ;)

So long as you don't meddle with sea water, phones are pretty resilient nowadays, there's generally a little indicator in the sim tray to check yourself.

I'm not even the original owner but wasn't asked to prove anything as phone is still under 2 years old from release.

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom