**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Man of Honour
Thanks, I'm buying an S21 Ultra 256gb tomorrow.

Update

I've bought it
It's in excellent condition, 256gb for £500 which is £100 less than anybody else around here and he threw me in £40 worth of accessories - flip case, screen protectors front and back, 65 watt cable and 45 watt charger.

Last edited:
Associate
Damn. This 10x camera is something else! May well end up being most used camera!

VmMD8OA.jpg
I've moved to the Pixel 7 Pro from a S21 Ultra and the 10x zoom is something I really miss. To the point I'm actually tempted to take it off my son!

Last edited:
Soldato
S21 ultra is a beast of a phone still, Had mine a year and a half roughly and no way I'll be upgrading for A while. Its the first android phone I've ditched nova launcher, actually prefer one ui.

Associate
Downloading myself now :)
How you finding it?

Initial thoughts for me is great, lovely refined experience. The ui tweaks like the font changes, pull down menu, notifications etc are lovely.

The s23 or next round of phones in 2023 will need to pull something out the bag to tempt me away again at this rate

Soldato
How you finding it?

Initial thoughts for me is great, lovely refined experience. The ui tweaks like the font changes, pull down menu, notifications etc are lovely.

The s23 or next round of phones in 2023 will need to pull something out the bag to tempt me away again at this rate
Really liking it. Love how much smoother the animations are with swipe up gesture s on. Sometime a bit choppy before.

nam

nam

Soldato
S21+ applied the Android 13 update I assume this is the last for the S21 with the 2 year cycle update. Not finding any real improvements am I missing something ?

Soldato
S21+ applied the Android 13 update I assume this is the last for the S21 with the 2 year cycle update. Not finding any real improvements am I missing something ?
Samsung offer 4 year cycle I believe, so Android 15. I found it smoother using swipe gestures, doesn't seem to dip in framerate now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've got a major problem getting a 5G signal.
Just done a little experiment:
Both me and my daughter did a 5G test, both of us on EE but she having the latest iPhone and me with the S21 Ultra.
She gets nearly 200 meg where I get 50 meg download.
We swapped sims and it's still the same.
I have no power savings on my phone and it is set to receive 5G.

Any ideas, anything I'm missing?

Soldato
I've got a major problem getting a 5G signal.
Just done a little experiment:
Both me and my daughter did a 5G test, both of us on EE but she having the latest iPhone and me with the S21 Ultra.
She gets nearly 200 meg where I get 50 meg download.
We swapped sims and it's still the same.
I have no power savings on my phone and it is set to receive 5G.

Any ideas, anything I'm missing?
Could be the Exynos modem. It's a weak performer.

Man of Honour
Could be the Exynos modem. It's a weak performer.

Forgot to mention that my Vodafone, Three & O2 sims work OK.

ANYWAY
Just rang EE and found out that the new plan I'm on, after trying all 4 networks, is 5G ready but capped to 25 meg download :(
I wasn't happy, I told him that the salesman never mentioned it would be capped and I'd be getting 5G.
He then said he has had quite a few of these calls about a 'No Frills' package and he will put it right this afternoon.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
UPDATE
EE rang back and they can't do anything.
They admit some sales people have been selling a plan that the sales people don't know the full facts on so basically you get 10gb of data for £10 on a 5G ready phone BUT it is capped to 25meg download.
If I want to go on the full download speed I will have to pay more so over the last few hours I've been looking at the best deals on the Vodafone network.
The EE Manager is sending me my PAC Code and as soon as I use it my EE stops.
They kept apologising they're losing me so I said "Do something about it, put me on full speed" but they can't !!!

Back
Top Bottom