**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
OP
I'm not sure what to make of it just yet, especially knowing there is another note (possibly the last) coming later this year. I may bite if the camera, battery life and performance for the exynos all look great

Soldato
Got my order in s21 Ultra 512gb in phantom silver worked out at 929 after trading in my s10 plus 512gb which doesn't seem too bad when you get the free galaxy bud pro too (my old buds from the s10 launch are a bit weathered now).

Soldato
I'm not sure what to make of it just yet, especially knowing there is another note (possibly the last) coming later this year. I may bite if the camera, battery life and performance for the exynos all look great

The S21 Ultra is the new note. Note series has been discontinued apparently.

Caporegime
1,300 nits peak brightness, noice though the M11 pips it on that front.

Edit - 1,300 for the base and + I think, 1,500 for the Ultra.

Last edited:
Soldato
Samsung showing a 3min+ video showing how they made the Phantom Black colour :rolleyes:

They need to look at Vantablack - it's a material developed by Surrey NanoSystems in the UK and is one of the darkest substances known, absorbing up to 99.965% of visible light.

Last edited:
Soldato
So future of Note series thrown into question and as expected it's all about Ultra model with "base" models barely worth thinking about and pretty poor value in fact. 1080p screens, very average camera array and rest just marginal increments?

Associate
Wish they would combine the specs of the ultra with the size of the regular. Even from the S10 I don't feel the regular S21 is a big enough upgrade and doubt I can justify the price and size of the ultra.

Although the trade in and freebies are tempting.

Associate
Ordered the 512GB Ultra in Phantom Black - a bit gutted that the last minute rumours of the Ultra having a MicroSD slot didn't come true in the end. I'm not a fan of cloud storage for photos/videos.

Associate
I’ll wait for the reviews on battery life. If it can hit 6-8 hours SOT I’ll go with the S21 plus or Ultra in Silver. If the battery life is S20 ***** I’ll go with a IPhone 12 Pro Max.

Associate
I’ll wait for the reviews on battery life. If it can hit 6-8 hours SOT I’ll go with the S21 plus or Ultra in Silver. If the battery life is S20 ***** I’ll go with a IPhone 12 Pro Max.

I would be very surprised if the battery life is as bad as the Exynos S20 from last year. I think it will easily hit 7+ hours SOT on the Ultra (and like the Plus too)

Soldato
Ordered the 512GB Ultra in Phantom Black - a bit gutted that the last minute rumours of the Ultra having a MicroSD slot didn't come true in the end. I'm not a fan of cloud storage for photos/videos.
Everyone has their needs and all but is 512gb (480ish after OS) still not enough for photos and videos? You must have your entire library on it.

Back
Top Bottom