**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Man of Honour
Aye - popped up last night.
I think the May update appeared really early in the month, about the 6th I think - but hey, at least it has arrived.
The last couple of months security updates have arrived right at the end or very start of the month, although based on the fact this seems to be the third update rolled out this month I guess they may have had a few issues with it in the initial roll out regions.

Soldato
Would you say it's worth upgrading from the s10+ to the S21 Ultra? My contract is due for renewal and EE are dangling a few offers in front of me, coupled with the £150 samsung cashback at the moment it's tempting.

Associate
Not the ultra but I upgraded from the s10+ to the s21, a little bit smaller but that's what I wanted, noticeably better camera and screen but apart from that once everything was transferred across the rest looks the same. Only had it on for an hour or so though! It wS german when I turned it on which I thought was weird but back to English now, got to claim that cashback as well. Good reminder

Associate
I just sent my s10 away to trade in and noticed a slight rattle at the top next to the camera, but I've noticed the same with my s21 can anyone confirm this is normal? Thought maybe it's a piece of equipment inside that needs to move freely..... OK a little Google says its the camera lense didn't think it would be so loud

Associate
Thats fine then I was worried about sending a potentially broken phone back for a trade in,
Then I thought I must be extremely unlucky to get a faulty s21 also(same fault) seems a lot snappier than my s10+ I'm liking it so far.

Soldato
Hopefully OK to ask here - currently on a Vodafone unlimited data contract which ends in a few weeks, discounted from £66 to £48 p/m. I'd like to upgrade from my S10+ to a S21 Ultra, and to a 100GB p/m or unlimited contract. Vodafone asking £67 p/m for this, but looking at Uswitch Ican get same package for £43 and then do a double port to retain my number... am I missing anything in the small print as this seems like a no brainer?? Or I could go EE for £35 p/m by paying more upfront and offset that with the current cashback offer from Samsung.

Soldato
£43 per month at 24 months, less £150 cashback (if Vodafone purchases are eligible) seems like a pretty good price to me on the surface. Assuming it's not a 36 month 4G contract or something.

Soldato
I double ported with EE to get my s21 ultra, just took a few days over moving the number around. Used gifgaf as my temporary port.

Thanks for that. So if I port my number to giffgaff now, then order new phone/contract. By the time that arrives my number should be on giffgaff and then I request PAC and port from giffgaff. Or should I wait to get PAC number from giffgaff and then order??

Associate
Thanks for that. So if I port my number to giffgaff now, then order new phone/contract. By the time that arrives my number should be on giffgaff and then I request PAC and port from giffgaff. Or should I wait to get PAC number from giffgaff and then order??

I was able to take out a new contract on the same account which meant I received a new ee number. I then ported the old number to Giffgaff and then back over the new number.

Soldato
Well I've just traded in my Note 20 Ultra 5G for the S21 Ultra,
Got £550 trade in plus £150 cashback and the Harmon Kardon Speaker so its cost my around £400 to upgrade and I can stay on my £10p/m sim only deal.

Probably could have got more for Note but the hassle and baggage of selling stuff these is just ridiculous so happy with the deal.

Soldato
S21 ultra arrived today after waiting for a month from Samsung. £583 including S9+ trade-in, cashback and Samsung Pay offer.

Amazing phone.
Also I ordered a 128gb and they sent me a 256gb...

Soldato
S21 ultra arrived today after waiting for a month from Samsung. £583 including S9+ trade-in, cashback and Samsung Pay offer.

Amazing phone.
Also I ordered a 128gb and they sent me a 256gb...

Any reason it took a month? Did you order one of the custom colours?
I ordered mine at 2:33pm on Wednesday and it was delivered by 9:30am the next day.

Back
Top Bottom