**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Caporegime
New screen could mean a full wipe

You tried plugging in to a pc and using smart switch to to do a full backup , used it a few times with no problems

I can't login to my phone as it needs a pin on startup and the lower 50% of the screen doesn't work at all with touch input.

Soldato
Has anyone gone from the iPhone to Samsung s22u?

I’m thinking about making the change for good. I’ve tried Samsungs in the past but I feel I haven’t given them a fair chance.

My only concern is last time I tried the s21u some of my music didn’t go across as it’s in that special Apple format.

Man of Honour
Panoramic mode from the Ultra, colour graded in Lightroom Mobile:
Nevis-Range_20220728_151454.jpg

Man of Honour
Bit of a strange one, since 11th July my Whatsapp backups have not been uploading to Google Drive. It gets to 0.93GB uploaded of 6GB or whatever then just sits there not seemingly doing anything. Anyone else noticed this? I have disconnected Whatsapp from the app connections in Google Drive which then forces Whatsapp to re-request account access to do the backup to check it wasn't de-synced or something but it wasn't that either.

For now I have turned off Google Drive backups in Whatsapp and am just leaving it to do the usual daily local backups.

Soldato
Bit of a strange one, since 11th July my Whatsapp backups have not been uploading to Google Drive. It gets to 0.93GB uploaded of 6GB or whatever then just sits there not seemingly doing anything. Anyone else noticed this? I have disconnected Whatsapp from the app connections in Google Drive which then forces Whatsapp to re-request account access to do the backup to check it wasn't de-synced or something but it wasn't that either.

For now I have turned off Google Drive backups in Whatsapp and am just leaving it to do the usual daily local backups.

I've had that few times recently I blamed VM for it but was same on my BT connection or mobile date . Just tried it now and wont backup but it did a an autobackup at 03:00 I'm running the latest beta version

p.s it took about 10mins to start but worked in the end size 1.3 gb

Man of Honour
Hmm will re-enable it and try again in a day or so see if it kicks back in then!

What does colour grading too? That shot looks really impressive!
In Lightroom I have my own signature presets that I use for my photography. These are colour grades for colour and BW etc that i've adjusted and created over the years. They are Lightroom development adjustments to get a certain loot and feel.

Here's the original vs graded:

Screenshot_20220801-125746_Lightroom%20for%20Samsung.png

Associate
I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but my stylus pen still works fine and I can use the phone for a lot more with it.

Finger print scanner is still busted though.

Possibly a bit late but Plug in a dex compatible usb hub (most are) and you can run your phone like a computer and won't need to touch the screen using mouse to click pin code buttons. This will allow you to back up before gettting repair done too.

Or if you can see enough on the screen you can enable wireless dex/mirroring whilst using a mouse etc.

I have a 14" portable touch screen I use for travels than the Samsung can power and drive that directly from USB C and then I have a massive touchscreen, may be another option for you should you have such thing for devices such as a Pi etc.

Associate
In my experience, using DeX on a large and/or high resolution displays tends to be a disaster. The resolutions DeX supports are somewhat limited, and it depends on which display mode you're in, which then effects what aspect ratios you get access to, etc. It's a serious minefield. I've got a S22 Ultra and a Tab S8 Ulta, and while the tablet is slightly better with external displays, both are close to useless. If it's for video playback is just barely usable. For gaming, not a chance.

Unless you have literally no other option at all I'd find some other way.

Associate
I've played COD no problem on my S10 using DEX via my 14" touch screen, I was absolutely killing it :D but yes I think the max resolution on my device is 1080p and higher only offer 1440p

I also watch all TV on it so not sure what is wrong with yours, perhaps you are not using displayport cable.

If you use wireless dex then yes it is not ideal, or if you use a device that translates like some of those devices that give additional monitors to devices that don't have their own hardware (is it called displaylink) for this then yes that is bad too but direct displayport connection from phone to screen, not a problem, zero penalty.

I wonder if its like laptops where you can use usbc to hdmi but you don't get the same performance as displayport via usbc to HDMI which looks identical but is a different cable spec.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom