**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Heads up theres No factory screen protector on these. Someone got a retail phone today and theres none on there. :(

I hate fitting my own as it always goes wrong.

Great, another thing to buy! :rolleyes: On the Samsung site it says they are 'coming soon'. Dunno if I should wait for the official one or buy a third party one.

Associate
Good comparison of the cameras vs iphone 13 pro. Takeaway for me is the camera look really good for photography, but the dynamic range and quality of video is still quite a bit better on the iphone. Caveats I guess are this isn't the exynos and there will likely be software updates to improve the s22 further.

https://youtu.be/L7cAdjzOk9E

This is exynos as far as I know, Saf is from the Leicester area and if you watch the unboxing video he mentions trying to get hold of the Snapdragon version for comparison

nam

nam

Soldato
mentions also in this review

The phone itself has two ultra-thin pieces of plastic protecting the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ on the front and back of the phone.

https://www.techradar.com/news/12-hours-with-samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra

in the review it looks like someone tried to take off the screen protector

FUq-K2dc-Yr-Lg-DA4-R6-NHDr-XU-970-80-jpg.webp
[/url]

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I never had issues on my old galaxy tab with the pen and a screen protector.

Good to know, because I went through about 5 tempered glass protectors (LOCA glue applied, inc Whitestone Dome) on the OP 8Pro, and they all were lifting on the edges within a month and installing is just such a faff. Settled on using some TPU film and only had to replace twice in the last year.

Soldato
If p
Good to know, because I went through about 5 tempered glass protectors (LOCA glue applied, inc Whitestone Dome) on the OP 8Pro, and they all were lifting on the edges within a month and installing is just such a faff. Settled on using some TPU film and only had to replace twice in the last year.

If the official protector is anything like the pre installed on my Note20U the Spen flows like it in on glass.

Associate
Lets hope the Oleophobic coating on the S22 Ultra is better than on the Note 20 Ultra.

Mine wore off on the note 20 Ultra & the screen was disgusting to use & look at all the time. No amount of cleaning fixed it.

Man of Honour
Lets hope the Oleophobic coating on the S22 Ultra is better than on the Note 20 Ultra.

Mine wore off on the note 20 Ultra & the screen was disgusting to use & look at all the time. No amount of cleaning fixed it.
I've never had the coating come off a phone screen, were you cleaning it with thinners!?

Back
Top Bottom