**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Just so you know the rails aren't colour coded.
The S pen is though with the custom colours, the normal colours all have black S pen.

Still though definitely looks better if the rails are the same colour as the rest of the phone hmm. Got the Sky Blue ordered but now thinking if Green is better just so it's all one colour. Hmm.

Soldato
The S pen is though with the custom colours, the normal colours all have black S pen.

Still though definitely looks better if the rails are the same colour as the rest of the phone hmm. Got the Sky Blue ordered but now thinking if Green is better just so it's all one colour. Hmm.

Yeah my choice would be rails over the pen. Either way not a huge deal for many.

Edit.. Samsung even have some sky blue pics on their site with colour coded rails. Confusing their buyers.

nam

nam

Soldato
recieved the caseology case today, still another week before I can collect the S22 ultra from local samsung store

20220213-134306.jpg

20220213-134312.jpg

Associate
Hmmm weird glitch in the matrix:D

As I was saying I went for the 22 ultra as an upgrade to my note 10, I was looking at the fold but felt it's dimensions aren't ideal for my main media use, suckered in by the trade in like others.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm weird glitch in the matrix:D

Nicely fixed

So looks like US users didn't have screen protectors installed previously . Bit of let down and more money saving maybe but not for the enduser .

I peeled my protector off on Wednesday to make sure screen was still fine underneath due to scratches and it was now I'm been extra careful for the next week :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato

The main reason I didn't get the green or burgundy is because the top and bottom bezel are colour coded but the colour is slightly off and found them to look cheap. Just looking, they appears as painted plastic and the demo units already had micro scratches. I wish Samsung would go for a more industrial look and have them brushed aluminium.

Associate
Just ordered a pack of these screen protectors only cost £3.49, I've used them before on my S21 Ultra and they do the job, though not as good as the one that was factory fitted, work fine with S Pen aswell.

EGV 3 Packs Flexible Screen Protector Compatible for Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G, Full Coverage 3D Curved Soft TPU Screen Film, Thin Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation with Alignment Tool, Transparent https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09N32T...t_i_3NMRSMG918W13KAYQ8CY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
The main reason I didn't get the green or burgundy is because the top and bottom bezel are colour coded but the colour is slightly off and found them to look cheap. Just looking, they appears as painted plastic and the demo units already had micro scratches. I wish Samsung would go for a more industrial look and have them brushed aluminium.
Are you saying they are plastic?? As every site I've seen it mentioned says they are 'Armour Aluminium'? So I thought all 7 colours still had aluminium rails...

Haven't gone into a store to have a proper look at it yet, maybe I should...

Soldato
Are you saying they are plastic?? As every site I've seen it mentioned says they are 'Armour Aluminium'? So I thought all 7 colours still had aluminium rails...

I would expect them to be metal for the price but visually looks almost plastic to me and I don't like how it looks. Especially compared to my Fold 2 which looks and feel like metal.

Soldato

It's metal.

It's the same setup I have on my green OnePlus 9 Pro and it looks great.

Soldato
Been on the fence about upgrading my S21Ultra. But might place a preorder after noticing Samsung would give £270 trade-in for my Oneplus 5 from 2017.

Back
Top Bottom