**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Man of Honour
The scores will change very soon as Samsung has released an update to sort this in Korea. Global release is any day now.

I've tested the charging rate as fell asleep using the phone last night and woke up to a dead battery :D

23 hours from a full charge (day 1 so not trained yet) and a bit over 6 hours screen on time. Mixed use, wifi, out and about for half a day on 4G, speed tests at 5G/4G mixed, browsing, streaming, app usage so lots of mixed usage and lots of camera use too. I could never quite manage above 5 hours screen on time with the S20 5G doing the exact same things around the same locations and on the same SIM.

batterylife_day1.png

At 5% with the phone off I was reading 9.01v @ 4.34a (39.1W). So just below Samsung's 45W claim. After 10% the rate just gradually drops as you would expect. A full charge in basically an hour flat. Not bad for Samsung I guess, my S20 5G took 1hr 40mins to charge to 100% on a 4500mAh battery and this is a 5000mAh so I'm fine with this. I will now install AccuBattery Pro as the battery is still new and track through that because I'm curious how things progress.

Soldato
Since i only got it yesterday, i’ll do a factory reset and won’t do a restore before re-rerunning to see if it has any effect.

edit: it did f all :) still low

edit 2: got 1200 on FHD on 2nd run.

edit 3: 1150 on QHD on 3/4th run

something definitely strange, on 1st runs it’s still low like 600, 800.
Also before reset it never went up after multiple runs.

Last edited:
Soldato
At 5% with the phone off I was reading 9.01v @ 4.34a (39.1W). So just below Samsung's 45W claim. After 10% the rate just gradually drops as you would expect. A full charge in basically an hour flat. Not bad for Samsung I guess, my S20 5G took 1hr 40mins to charge to 100% on a 4500mAh battery and this is a 5000mAh so I'm fine with this. I will now install AccuBattery Pro as the battery is still new and track through that because I'm curious how things progress.

Nope I wouldn't expect max charging rate to drop until at least 50% charge. At 10%....really?

It's the usual Samsung bag of tricks
https://www.phonearena.com/amp/news...ra-plus-45w-charging-vs-25w-charging_id138976

The outlet's results were similar to ours and they add that the new 45W charger's peak power is sustained for just a minute, and for the most part, the speed is in the neighborhood of 30W, which explains why it doesn't charge significantly faster than the 25W charger.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah that is what I found. It takes a few mins to get to 10% anyway so that coincides with their findings. It takes just over 20 minutes to charge 0-50%, at which point it says 37 minutes remaining, at 75% charged it says 27 minutes remaining. Full charge in an hour.

There is room for improvement, I am 100% sure they could unlock the full 45W with a firmware update... But will they ever do that.

Associate
Issue is gos, not device specific. Samsung engineers optimised over 10,000 apps to balance performance and battery without telling anyone. But they didn't do optimisation on benchmarking apps.
Oh ok so this might account for the performance drop that others faced?

Back
Top Bottom