**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Yeah it's a good deal but I think your £63 is a good deal too for the 256GB which is still a lot of storage, (assuming you also get the free earbuds? (Apparently you get a text from EE after 14 days with a link to claim them.) I'm not maxing out my 256GB SD card or close to it yet, just nice to have more storage for me on a new phone.

I'm not doing trade in as I keep my old devices for work, so my deal was also £100 up front and is £74.40 or so per month, 24 month contract, £20 more than my old contract, but for a S22 Ultra 512, the Galaxy watch and wireless earbuds, it's a good deal over time. Pay more overall for phone monthly than buying upfront, but it includes data (only 4GB month as mostly all wifi use), unlimited texts and calls. Buying the watch and earbuds separately upfront isn't cheap either, so they do make for a great package deal over time. Been with EE so long now am comfortable with the monthly payment model and upgrades every 2 years.

Looking forward to trying some art packages with the stylus and writing texts using it instead of tiny buttons, free earbuds a huge bonus as well as someone that bought S10+ specifically as the last great phone with 3.5 headphone jack, will still use it for work, but S22 Ultra definitely a massive upgrade from S10+ in multiple areas.

i was paying £27 for my s20 plus and £20 sim and could upgrade every year but I didn’t upgrade to s21 as wasn’t much difference and I have cracks on my screen several hairline cracks so screen would need replacing costing me £250 so going to keep it and get the s22 ultra. I might use the s20 plus for work so don’t damage it

s22 ultra is one off payment of £30 and £63 a month for unlimited calls, txts and 100gb data 5G. I live in a small town but apparently we get 5G bit I won’t use it as have wi fi. I get the ear buds and Disney. I was told that it’s when order is placed not from when you receive the phone so if don’t get phone for a few weeks don’t worry o can still get them gifts.

I currently have s3 frontier watch not sure what difference is compared to s4. I could have paid £70 to be on an upgrade program every 12 months but I didn’t bother and I can still upgrade I just have to pay a few should I wish to upgrade

Associate
One quick phone call to EE just now and they cancelled my order and offered me the 512 Ultra as well a Galaxy smart watch basically thrown in for only £5 per month more than the 256 Ultra alone. Plus qualifies for the free earbuds after 14 days.

Can you break down the deal? Can be handy if I call and ask them as I'm with EE!

Edit: can see you have above, new posts hadn't loaded! (EE signal :cry:)

Associate
That seems like a great deal with the Disney plus and all that data, I have a super low data amount comparatively, I could have paid not much for 40GB but honestly don't use it, but also easier to add more data than reduce it as part of contract if needs be later.

LadFromWales as for the deal, it was going to be £100 upfront, and £73 a month for 24 months for S22 512GB+ free wireless earbuds, which was on the website that I asked for instead of my prior 256 order when I phoned up, but the agent asked me to hold a sec and came back and offered an even better deal for the watch as well, something like only £1.25 more per month, total monthly £74 approx, can't remember exact but definitely under £75.

Well worth trying to call them and see what you can get, though they offered it to me unprompted, I didn't ask. Just got text for delivery tomorrow as well. That black 512 must be easier to get, fine by me as I prefer it for slightly less distracting bezel. Will post back tomorrow with my thoughts on it if my case and screen protector arrive then as well.

Associate
@PC777 are they keeping it at that price until April 23? If not you'll be paying another £7 or so a month after the increase next month! Not too bad if it isn't but next year you'd probably be paying more than 10% extra per month if inflation keeps going the way it is.

I got the 256GB Ultra from Samsung with 10% off, paid around £165 up front then paying just under £40 a month over 24 months. Can claim the buds and Disney plus.

I've still got my EE contract until September for £30 but plan on switching it to a cheaper SIM when that time comes, probably Smartie or one of the others that don't hike prices every year...

...but will probably end up staying with EE for the signal!

Associate
Yeah it's fixed until April 2023 as part of the blurb they read out, then subject to inflation increase and their 3.9% tax as well, in 2023 and 2024 I did make sure to ask them beforehand, but that increase will definitely bite when it comes. I may even keep the S22 Ultra for 4 years this time and get a sim only depending on Android updates in that time.

Associate
Yeah it's fixed until April 2023 as part of the blurb they read out, then subject to inflation increase and their 3.9% tax as well, in 2023 and 2024 I did make sure to ask them beforehand, but that increase will definitely bite when it comes. I may even keep the S22 Ultra for 4 years this time and get a sim only depending on Android updates in that time.

I was also told I wouldn't be paying more than what was agreed until next year as I got the contract before April. I don't think I would have upgraded if I hadn't of cracked my screen although still works but I do like the stylus. I only ever had the note 9 didn't have any other note phones

Andoird have said these phones will be supported for 4 years so will be having updates for a while. Looking forward to receiving my phone just wish I had got it this week as I'm off this week

Soldato
Just rang EE to check on stock levels for the 256 and 512 and none were currently available but he seemed pretty confident of the ~7 day wait time. He could see I ordered on 19th March and said there's a small chance it could arrive this week but early next week is more likely. No mention of backlogs of orders or people waiting a month+ and still not having received their handset...

Associate
Regarding cases i think I like the UAG Monarch case and have seen some cases that has a slide so that it covers the lens. I quite like that feature so think I will get that case too.

shortage with all these phones as I said earlier. I know it’s frustrating but only one I have seen available is 02 for the 512gb version although I could have got a black version of 512GB with EE with £14 off trade in in store don’t think they would have given me any deals

Associate

Well that's not too bad then! At least its locked at that price for half of your contract. You won't have to worry about April 24, you'll be at the end of your S22U contract and ready to switch to a SIMO if you're sticking with it longer!

As I ordered way back in February I'd have been stung by the April 22 hike so am happy I've done it this way, I get to avoid the hikes!

Just want my shipping to update!

Associate
Well that's not too bad then! At least its locked at that price for half of your contract. You won't have to worry about April 24, you'll be at the end of your S22U contract and ready to switch to a SIMO if you're sticking with it longer!

As I ordered way back in February I'd have been stung by the April 22 hike so am happy I've done it this way, I get to avoid the hikes!

Just want my shipping to update!

If you ordered via a courier . A new contract doesn't start until you receive your new phone.

Soldato
Attempting to change my order with EE which will inevitably push me to the back of the queue again but I don't mind as long as they can change it, I don't know why I didn't see this sooner though...

Current Order:
256GB S22 Ultra Burgundy - £30 upfront, 100GB data

New Order:
512GB S22 Ultra Burgundy - £50 upfront, 40GB data

Monthly cost will be the same. I don't need the data as I can data share anyway and have more than one line with EE. Fingers crossed...

Associate
Attempting to change my order with EE which will inevitably push me to the back of the queue again but I don't mind as long as they can change it, I don't know why I didn't see this sooner though...

Current Order:
256GB S22 Ultra Burgundy - £30 upfront, 100GB data

New Order:
512GB S22 Ultra Burgundy - £50 upfront, 40GB data

Monthly cost will be the same. I don't need the data as I can data share anyway and have more than one line with EE. Fingers crossed...

Will the monthly price be the same though? Didn't EE give you the wrong price and honoured it for the Ultra? Surely they won't do it on another deal with a different capacity phone?
Sure you said 256 was fine anyway ;)

Soldato
Will the monthly price be the same though? Didn't EE give you the wrong price and honoured it for the Ultra? Surely they won't do it on another deal with a different capacity phone?
Sure you said 256 was fine anyway ;)

The monthly on the 256gb model for 100gb data and £30 upfront is the exact same as the monthly on the 512gb model but with 40gb data and £50 upfront. That's why I'm going to try and get it changed - I've emailed the contact I have who put my initial order through and she is due to ring me back within the next hour or so, she has confirmed on email it's okay but it'll put me at the back of the queue again. But yes the misprice I was given was specifically for the 256gb model but as its an identical deal for the 512gb with a bit more upfront and less data, I feel obliged to try and get it even of it means waiting a few extra days.

Back
Top Bottom