**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Catches up to and in many cases beats the iPhone 14 Pro Max for camera at launch, so expect the camera to improve even further after a few updates as has been seen in all the Galaxy S models in the recent past.

Why do you keep posting S23 videos in the S22 thread?

Man of Honour
The vast majority cap out at 20W output max, you won't get superfast charging really via a power bank that's compact. Just get one of the compact ones with 20W on Amazon, they are in the £25-£35 range for a decent one that will charge the Ultra a few times over.

Man of Honour
The One UI 5.1 update is available just under 2GB
Downloading it now, dunno why, just haven't go round to switching to the 23U yet, oh yeah now I remember, was waiting for the new Spigen case to arrive (cos the s22U version doesn't fit), that got here this morning so better get on with it I suppose :)

Associate
I am so weak, I can't believe myself.

Camera, battery, chipset etc... all those teeny tiny upgrades, and I've just thrown my S22 Ultra at Samsung for a trade in against the S23 Ultra.

I've gone straight for the black colour this time, obviously the 512Gb 'free' upgrade model, that's just cost me £575. In the few minutes of madness that got me this far I couldn't find a usable discount/ referral code, so I've just gone for the trade in and an accessory for the extra 10% discount.

I may yet still send it back, but I've buckled to the hype train, shame on me.. :D
I am in a similar boat, swapped out my S21 for the 128gb S22 back at the beginning of November and am already considering upgrading again! I can get the 256gb S23 with screen protectors from Samsung for £360 using codes and trade-in of my current phone, just trying to convince myself that it is unnecessary and a waste of money now :D

Soldato
Gotta say, surprisingly, I'm absolutely delighted with the S23 Ultra. I think on paper, like all the reviews say, it's technically a small upgrade. But in reality the S23 Ultra is just fantastic. The battery life is in a different league, and so is the performance. And on top of that you do actually notice the upgrade in camera performance.

The phone really is an all round winner, so yeah totally no regrets in upgrading. Reminds me of how good my Note 9 was at the time. Buying a top tier phone should mean its a top tier phone, and the S23 Ultra ticks every box for me.

Man of Honour
How are folks backing up internal storage? I've been using FreeFileSync for ages and now have some custom filters to pull through my organised folder structure, works really well and teh USB 3 read speeds on the S23 is much faster than what I recall on the S22, makes backup a breeze really:

nsFFwD4.png

nam

nam

Soldato
Almost time for an upgrade. I will probably get the S24. I expect someone should start a thread about this device soon. I have seen some rumours about a release in mid Jan for delivery end of Jan.
Probably will avoid this if they force the Exynos on Europe customers again :(:(. currently have a S21+ which still is working fine

Back
Top Bottom