**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

I pulled the trigger on the Ultra + the Watch5 Pro. The trade-in offer + 10% referral discount + the further 10% off for the multi purchase and another £100 trade-in for my ancient Huawei watch was too tempting.

Any referral codes anyone would like to share? All the ones on Twitter don't seem to work, even the ones just recently posted.

Anyone here moving up from the S20U? Surely that will be a bigger upgrade than those going from newer handsets. I'm still in 2 minds about it as the S20U has been superb for me and is the longest I've had a mobile since year 2000, but I'm also concious that the Android updates will eventually stop on previous-gen handsets.

At least Wikipedia finally has an article on the S23 now :p

What colour have people gone for? I went black/red.
Green. I went red last time so a change for me.
What cases did you guys go for, I went for the Silicone Grip case for a change, I have always used the standing protective cover but it looks pants this time around plus the laquer was peeling of the S22 ultra case last year!

Last edited:
I went with graphite. I've not managed to bring myself to get a case yet. I know I need one, especially as I managed to smash the screen on two of my last three phones but they all ruin the look of the phone and it makes picking a colour pointless.

Most likely graphite S23+ when my blue light card comes through. Will be upgrading from a titanium grey S9.

Last edited:
Just bit the bullet. Currently on a fully working and fine S20+ but after 3 years I think it's time. This has lasted me well but want the improved camera and speed. Considered going s22 ultra but couldn't find it new in many places for much cheaper and didn't want used. Got the green 512gb s23 ultra via O2 on a 2 year deal. £300 up front and £40 a month. Get a staff deal on the tariff.

Most likely graphite S23+ when my blue light card comes through. Will be upgrading from a titanium grey S9.
If you're trading in, you might find it's cheaper without the blue light card depending on exactly what you're trading in and whether you're buying a watch etc alongside the phone. You get a bigger initial discount on the handset but the trade in price via blue light is greatly reduced and there's only a further 5% off (instead of 10%) if you add a pair of buds or a watch*. I didn't check as I saw straight away that it was cheaper for me without the blue light card however I'm not sure if the 10% referral discounts work via blue light too.

*Imo if you've got an old worthless watch to trade-in then buying the watch alongside the phone is almost a no brainer. £100 trade-in + an extra 10% off both the watch and phone means you're picking the watch up for peanuts.

If you're trading in, you might find it's cheaper without the blue light card depending on exactly what you're trading in and whether you're buying a watch etc alongside the phone. You get a bigger initial discount on the handset but the trade in price via blue light is greatly reduced and there's only a further 5% off (instead of 10%) if you add a pair of buds or a watch*. I didn't check as I saw straight away that it was cheaper for me without the blue light card however I'm not sure if the 10% referral discounts work via blue light too.

*Imo if you've got an old worthless watch to trade-in then buying the watch alongside the phone is almost a no brainer. £100 trade-in + an extra 10% off both the watch and phone means you're picking the watch up for peanuts.
I'll be trading in an old Motorola Android phone from 2014 so I get £100 for that. Then I've added an £11 USB stick to the basket which has given me 10% off the phone. Not sure if I'll get another 10% on top of that off or not with a bluelight card?

edit: So will the £100 for the Motorola decrease once I use the card and the 10% off from adding the USB stick turn into 5%?

Last edited:
I'll be trading in an old Motorola Android phone from 2014 so I get £100 for that. Then I've added an £11 USB stick to the basket which has given me 10% off the phone. Not sure if I'll get another 10% on top of that off or not with a bluelight card?
Is the £100 trade-in with the blue light card or straight through Samsung? I thought the minimum trade-in is £150. I've not got my brothers details to hand to log into his blue light card to check again but I'm sure it's just a 5% discount for the multi purchase instead of the 10% direct through Samsung. I'm not sure about the referral code discount via blue light.

I guess once your blue light card comes through just add what you want to order into the basket and then compared what it will cost without the blue light card. As I mentioned, it worked out cheaper for me without due to the greater trade-in values and the multi purchase discount being bigger.

I went with graphite. I've not managed to bring myself to get a case yet. I know I need one, especially as I managed to smash the screen on two of my last three phones but they all ruin the look of the phone and it makes picking a colour pointless.

Go for something like that so you can still see the phone

Back
Top Bottom