**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

I went with graphite. I've not managed to bring myself to get a case yet. I know I need one, especially as I managed to smash the screen on two of my last three phones but they all ruin the look of the phone and it makes picking a colour pointless.

For the S22/23 I think a case makes it look better, especially the leather one. I don't like the exposed cameras on the back, with a case it makes it all flush.

Last edited:
For the S22/23 I think a case makes it look better, especially the leather one. I don't like the exposed cameras on the back, with a case it makes it all flush.

Yeah I had the leather case on the S22U and it looked mint.They are pretty pricey just now but they do have good deals every now and then.

Go for something like that so you can still see the phone
Yea, I was looking at the spidgen crystal case without the stand. I've still got 10 days to decide so we'll see what I end up with. Hopefully not a smashed handset.
The Samsung website has given me £100 trade in for the old Motorola
Ok, I thought samsung were offering a minimum of £150 but I guess there's some hidden terms in there.
I spent 30 minutes deciding on graphite, I don't want a case that's going to mean that 30 minutes was wasted :p

Managed to get one of the 10% online codes to work along with another 10% for spending £30 a USB Flash Drive.
Also chopped in my old S21 - ended up at £699 for the Red S23 Ultra with 512GB Storage (fancied the 1TB but not sure there's much point!)
Down to £917 for me, that's not bad. Can't decide.

Edit - eek ordered it. My Poco F3 lasted about 1.5 years, decent, though my previous Note9 did almost 3 years. When all is said and done, should come to a total of £862 which isn't shabby at all for a brand new flagship, and coupled with my sim only deal - that should total £1030 over 2 years which is my usual target for a high end.

Last edited:
I finally managed to find a working 10% code, then added a random cheap accessory for an extra 10% off, but had a nightmare putting the order through!

I chose the Samsung finance option at 0% for 24 months.

I had to do it 3 times as it kept crashing part way through the process. I finally got all the way through the process, was accepted for finance, signed the documents, gave all banking details and the final step was to make an upfront payment by debit card for 10%. The payment went through an got an instant bank alert confirming payment was successful and the money left my account, but the Samsung website crashed and bounced me back to the home page. So i've paid 10% but got no order confirmation, no emails nothing. When i contact them by webchat or phone they can't find any record of my order!

I finally managed to find a working 10% code, then added a random cheap accessory for an extra 10% off, but had a nightmare putting the order through!

I chose the Samsung finance option at 0% for 24 months.

I had to do it 3 times as it kept crashing part way through the process. I finally got all the way through the process, was accepted for finance, signed the documents, gave all banking details and the final step was to make an upfront payment by debit card for 10%. The payment went through an got an instant bank alert confirming payment was successful and the money left my account, but the Samsung website crashed and bounced me back to the home page. So i've paid 10% but got no order confirmation, no emails nothing. When i contact them by webchat or phone they can't find any record of my order!
I had loads of problems ordering the other night too. When my order eventually did go through I didn't receive an order confirmation email from Samsung (I printed the confirmation page) however I did receive an email re the finance. Maybe try contacting Samsung Finance to see if your finance application has gone through.

When ordering my S21 Ultra I had all sorts of problems also. I paid outright that time but their website crashed when processing the payment - like you the bank had taken the payment but on Samsung's end there was no order. It took a few days to get sorted and the money to be returned to me and Samsung provided me with a £100 voucher for the hassle, which came in handy when putting the order through again.

I had loads of problems ordering the other night too. When my order eventually did go through I didn't receive an order confirmation email from Samsung (I printed the confirmation page) however I did receive an email re the finance. Maybe try contacting Samsung Finance to see if your finance application has gone through.

When ordering my S21 Ultra I had all sorts of problems also. I paid outright that time but their website crashed when processing the payment - like you the bank had taken the payment but on Samsung's end there was no order. It took a few days to get sorted and the money to be returned to me and Samsung provided me with a £100 voucher for the hassle, which came in handy when putting the order through again.
Not had confirmation yet either.

Running low on memory sticks, so definitely a bonus getting a 256GB.

Edit - cheeky bank switch to generate £200 that will go towards the S23U.

Last edited:
Managed a good deal with all these discount codes, was also after the Watch 5 Pro Bluetooth.

Managed to get

Red 512 Samsung S23 Ultra
Official silicon case
Watch 5 Pro

Total : £1215
Apparently £646 in savings

Managed this with discount for the 512gb version, then got an additional £100 off the watch by trading in an old Samsung Watch 4.

Another 10% or something with the case and then I found a 10% friends and family code on twitter.

Sold my S22 Ultra two weeks back for £780 so happy with that, got a really good discount on that also.

Keen to see how the snap dragon holds up

Managed a good deal with all these discount codes, was also after the Watch 5 Pro Bluetooth.

Managed to get

Red 512 Samsung S23 Ultra
Official silicon case
Watch 5 Pro

Total : £1215
Apparently £646 in savings

Managed this with discount for the 512gb version, then got an additional £100 off the watch by trading in an old Samsung Watch 4.

Another 10% or something with the case and then I found a 10% friends and family code on twitter.

Sold my S22 Ultra two weeks back for £780 so happy with that, got a really good discount on that also.

Keen to see how the snap dragon holds up
Please could you share the code you used? I must have tried over 20 last night and none worked.

Please could you share the code you used? I must have tried over 20 last night and none worked.
Used this one PKDZ673WD

A site on twitter called i.soreto.com had them, used the term "Samsung 10% code" in twitter set to latest.

Think they keep adding new ones as they can only be used 10 times

Last edited:
Reactions: wsh
Don't know what's come over us. Wife just got herself an S23 256GB, should be a nice update from her S20. So all in all we got an S23U 512GB, S23 256GB and 2 x 256GB memory sticks for £1,551. However I expect another £58 from TCQ & Quidco cash back, another £18 from my Amex and I'm putting the £200 from the bank switch today towards my S23U. Not too shabby.
Hi what did you trade in?
Note9 for me (£150 I think) and an S20 for my wife (£100).

Edit - Need to find some cases, screen protectors and a QuadLock case for my Ultra.

Last edited:
Don't know what's come over us. Wife just got herself an S23 256GB, should be a nice update from her S20. So all in all we got an S23U 512GB, S23 256GB and 2 x 256GB memory sticks for £1,551. However I expect another £58 from TCQ & Quidco cash back, another £18 from my Amex and I'm putting the £200 from the bank switch today towards my S23U. Not too shabby.
Hi what did you trade in?

Back
Top Bottom