**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Only the Chinese brands.

I would agree but I think we are getting short changed when you pay so much, most of my chargers are not above above 20w I only have one one for my phone, it would also be nice to be able to give a charger if you give your phone to someone.

I'm not sure I'd agree the Chinese phones are any better IMHO.

They do include a charger in the box, but they also use proprietary standards for their fast charging modes which means you require one of their chargers for it to work. So if you want to charge fast you either need to take that charger with you everywhere, or you still need to buy multiple new chargers anyway. At least Samsung/Apple are just using various versions USB-PD so theres half a chance your existing chargers will just support the fastest speeds, plus they are far more readily available than the proprietary chargers.

Last edited:
GSM Arena comparison

s3.jpg

For Pixel users

P5 = 95h
P6 = 86h
P7 = 96h

Others

Zenfone 9 =108h
Sony IV 10 = 163h
iphone 14 = 90h
iPhone 13 Mini = 75h

I'm not sure I'd agree the Chinese phones are any better IMHO.

They do include a charger in the box, but they also use proprietary standards for their fast charging modes which means you require one of their chargers for it to work. So if you want to charge fast you either need to take that charger with you everywhere, or you still need to buy multiple new chargers anyway. At least Samsung/Apple are just using various versions USB-PD so theres half a chance your existing chargers will just support the fastest speeds, plus they are far more readily available than the proprietary chargers.
Most Chinese brands fall back to PD 18W charging when not using the supplied proprietary charger so it's a pretty good trade off.

Last edited:
Preordered my Galaxy S23 Ultra 512GB in Graphite along with the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro about 20 minutes in on the Galaxy Unpacked event. This gave me a delivery estimate for 13th Feb.

I later found quite a few discount deals via the extra 10% referral code and adding a screen protector to my order along with 7% off with TopCashback. So I cancelled my order and replaced it on Saturday with a delivery estimate for 17th Feb.

Checked yesterday and it is showing as Preparing for despatch with the cancel button removed.

I reached out to Samsung support and they notified me that some customers will receive their phones earlier as part of their “Surprise and Delight Promotion” and have said that my order has been selected, I don’t really believe mine was selected and that everyone is just moving to the despatch phase anyway.

Hopefully the phone and watch are sent out tomorrow but I’m yet to see the “Track Item” button show tracking status.

I ordered the Ultra in Graphite + the Watch 5 Pro with an eta of the 13th and mine still says processing :( I would advise anybody that's ordered the Ultra in Graphite to wait for me to say I've received mine before announcing they've received there's because there is a good chance I'll ban you in a jealous rage if you get yours first.

I blame Samsung website for that, the referral link I got after placing my order didn't work but managed to get it at the end.
My total order experience was really naff. Stuff kept going missing from my basket and I had to hit refresh to get it back. In the end I felt drained lol

GSM Arena comparison

s3.jpg

For Pixel users

P5 = 95h
P6 = 86h
P7 = 96h

Others

Zenfone 9 =108h
Sony IV 10 = 163h
iphone 14 = 90h
iPhone 13 Mini = 75h
S21 = 93
S21+ = 114
S21U = 114

So an 8 hour boost from the base S21. Hmm...

I'd be more interested to see real world use actually. These are still good, but, i can't see them painting the full picture.

Assume these are done with the FW that shipped with the phone too?

has there been any 'Day 1' update?

Last edited:
The Samsung website and ordering experience is total garbage compared to its closest rival put it this way
Haha agree going via cashback gave me access denied like 15 times.... Won't get any of these stacked discounts from apple though so I'll accept the bad website experience I guess

Back
Top Bottom